1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

HPS lights?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Toke4life420, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Ok guys and gals yesterday i went to Home Depo and got my self 2 150w HPS bulbs. And went home, now the bulbs i got are the same size as a light you would put in a table lamp. I took one of the bulbs and stuck it in a light socket and nothing happened. Duh i forgot i need a special light balist for these lights. Now my question is since Home Depo has the HPS bulbs does that mean they might/will carry the fixtures to put the bulbs in? For indoor use?

And another question. Are all HPS lights the same? And can you change from a HPS to a MH bulb and still use the same light fixture?

2. Call home Depot and ask. They should be able to answer all your questions.

3. OK? and what am i going to say "that i want an indoor light fixture for my hps lights to grow so pot?" lol

4. No, be smart dude. ask if they sell a 150wt HPS, and if they have a 150 wt convertion bulb. most likley they do, they are security lights. If i were u id go to the store and ask for security lights, and look around...

5. you need the right balast for the bulb.
    you can get switchable balasts and conversion bulbs but i dont really think there worth the money or the hassle. a hps will take you from seed to smoke so dont worry about it unless you really want mh aswell.

6. You think HPS lights were made just to gow pot with? Come on man. Use your head.

Home Depot does not sell the ballasts required to run HPS or MH bulbs. I already checked.

HPS (High Pressure Sodium) and MH (Metal Halide) are different. Different bulbs require different ballasts. You can't connect a HPS bulb to a MH ballast unless the HPS bulb is a conversion.

Go to a hydro store or order a ballast online. They are not cheap, put off tons of light, and use up a lot of electricity.

7. if you go to the right hardware store then they are cheap. and 2 150w lights is only 300w, my pc uses more than that.

8. I was talking about HPS and MH in general.

9. With a reply like that. Yes, yes i think you should say that.

10. so was i

Grasscity Deals Near You