Hps Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wattew, Jan 8, 2004.

1. HI IM A NEWBEE TO THE GROWING WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOW BEGINNING TO GET ALL THE STUFF I NEED TO GROW BUT THE HPS LIGHT KITS SEEM REALLY EXPENSIVE ! IS £ 125.00 + ABOUT RIGHT??? MAYBE IM BEING TO HOPEFUL TO THINK THERE WAS NOT AN AWFUL LOT TO LAY OUT. ALSO WERE CAN I GET GOOD SEEDS???

THAKS GUYS

2. Try just using some compact fluorescent lights, much cheaper, although not as good its fine for a first grow...

3. try ebay, there's a good one there at the mo, for £90......just type in HPS.......Peace out.......Sid

4. will a 250 watt hps do for first grow or shall i wait and get 400 watt when can ?? Ebay have got 250 watt at moment only looking to grow enough for own satifaction**********
    I will be growing in a standard 6ft by 3ft wardrobe.

YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT WITH INFO

THANKS SO MUCH

5. a 250 is ideal for your wardrobe, if your gonna grow say 4 plants......ps first grow i wouldn't go with more than 4........you'll find out why soon enough.......lol.......they take some care and attention...........Peace out..........Sid

6. i know where you can get 400w hps for about 60-80 quid brand new with ballast and lamp

7. Were from thats quite cheap????????

Thanks

8. These guys are quite cheap, your light is going to be the biggest outlay, the biggest problem I have found when starting to grow is that you just start off buying the bare basics to get going then as your plant grows you buy more and more add ons as you can see the benefits returned in lush green growth staring at you.
    My advice is remember you pay for quality, having a cheap light that breaks half way through flowering could turn out to be expensive in the long run, but if you shop around on the web there are plenty of sites selling the same products for very different prices. Good luck with your venture.

http://evergreenhydroponics.co.uk/main.html

9. cheers for that they are the cheapest i have seen yet!!!!!!!!11

thanks again

10. It may sound a silly question but if i wanted to buy localy (uk) what sort of shop do i find one i.e Focus and b&v obviously dont sell them.... any suggestions

11. cool thanx mate for helping me on the ...... Would you be kind enough to look at my thread in begginers section relating to seeds....

thanx

12. i'm a sparky, just go to your local wholesaler (not city electrical factors) and get the prices for a "Low bay HPS" I'm looking in my price book and there 400w =£52 + VAT. When you get it you could adapt it or leave it as it is.
    Best of luck.

13. Sorry i dont want to look ignorant but do you mean an electrical wholesaler, we do have an city electrical but you said not there, shall i just look in yellow pages for local electrical suppliers??? I would appreciate your help as the light seems to be the biggest outlay.

thanx

14. City electrical are quite expensive, you can call them and get a price. I use ECS don't know if there's one where you are but most electrical wholesalers can get you them. The 2 i go to there's a £15 difference.
    hope that sorts you out

15. Ahhhh service with a smile.............

16. I had a look at those light at evergreen, was thinking about going for it but on closer inspection it looks like they dont have a proper ballest. Anyone recieve theiirs yet ? The light is one thing I dont want to cheap out on too much, of course I cant pay the commercial prices of 100 quid for one either but it looks like Im gonna hve to make that jump.

17. Well I guess it would cost less money to fix it up then purchase a new 100 quid light.

I was trying to find some other reflective material to makea hood with, checked out the prices of hoods... woooooo...
    not sure in hood made from foil would be ok ? maybe mylar would be ok.

Thanks for posting your experience with them btw It was very helpful.

Ps. did it take long to arrive ? and was it descrete ?

Cheers :)

----------------------------------------------
    The reflector is wide, and flimsy.

Seems cheaper than my old one, and intencity of reflected lite is lower. But spread is large.

(o, dont forget to add £10 for delivery, wire, and a plug)

hope this helps