HPS light questions, how close and do the plants look ok?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmizZ, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I have a 600w HPS that i switched my 6 seedlings over to a day ago. I started it at about 32" away, the next day it seemed like the plant on the outside leaned a little, so i lowered it to about 28", and now i just lowered it to about 2' away.

The temps at plant level are right around 76-81*. Using a 450cfm exhaust w/ carbon scrubber and a 250cfm passive intake. I have a small oscillating blowing on the tops of the seedlings.

I'm hoping this isn't too close for these little guys. Seems to me I should be able to continually lower it until it's about a foot away, since i'm not giving them nearly as much light as the sun would :p

Anyway, here's some pics, and the cotyledons are looking yellow already, are they supposed to be yellowing out already?

It also looked like the new leaves coming in were a bit yellow but people just keep calling me paranoid :p

They were just transplanted into FFOF a day ago also.

The first one seems to be curling under quite a bit, but I've been told it looks fine and healthy...

Oh, i've also kept light on them for 24/0 so far. I think tomorrow, since they are now under the HPS, i'll switch to an 18/6 schedule.

Attached Files: