HPS light problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by simster, May 16, 2005.

1. I just got my 150 watt HPS light in today only to find it does not work. Do these light need alot of "warm up" time...do i do anything special with it to get it going? also i noticed it said it needed a "medium" base...what does this mean? It screws in fine in the base that I bought for it.

2. hmmm....i was gonna go buy a 150 watt h.p.s. light bulb for 22$ at a hardware store tomorrow. Is it just the kind where the part that screws in fits right into a normal fixture?...cuz the one i was going to get is just the bulb, and the screw in part was a standard size like for a house lamp......now im not so sure...is this what u got?

3. HID bulbs will not fit in standard house sockets.

Is your HPS already wired, like do u use a 3 prong pluggin?

4. so you are saying if i buy this 150 watt h.p.s. bulb and even though it has a standard size screw in thingy ma bob it wont work...like if i buy this 8 inch reflector with the standard size screw in socket it wont light up...like i can buy the bulb, buy the reflector, and screw it in, and then plug the reflector in...and nothing will happen even thoguh it is all hooked up all good?

5. i bought mine because it was a bulb that would screw in a normal house socket. they do make them like that THC101. Thats how mine is...I think the bulb is just screwed up. o yea and if you have Ebay jsut hop on there an buy one..I paid $10 for the 150 and $20 for the 400.

6. you cant just screw a hid bulb into a normal socket n expect it to work without a ballast/transformer......