HPS in a closet grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronic-4-Life, May 6, 2005.

1. Hey
    iv got a closet to grow in, and i want to get a 400w - 600w HPS light going, will the heat be to intense or can i work around that? how?

2. HIGH All, it depends on the size of your closet?..I've used a 400w and no heat probs..venting is a must though.

3. like how much venting? cuz i was just planning on leaving the closet ajar, and putting a standup fan in the opening, as well as a few other fans inside the closet, that sufficient??

4. hi chronic, ive just started with a 400watt hps in a room 3x3x7. with the light 18 inches away the temp rises to 88-90c, which i know is to hot so atm ive got it at 24 inches and 82-85c. i have 1 standing fan blowing air in thru a 4inch hole and 1 ocsilating fan inside. ive ordered a exhaust fan which is a must on such small grows ive come to realise. shud b here this week :) wen it does arrive, ill lower ma light. hope this helps

5. if you closet shares a wall with a bathroom or a laudry room, you can cut into the wall and tap into a fart fan vent or the dryer vent. just make sure to put a one way valve on both inlets. and a filter on, unless odor isnt a problem where you are at. place the exhause intake as high in the room as possible because heat goes up, then vent the hot air our. cool air will automatically be drawn up from the floor (pass your plant thus given them fresh air) and outside!

6. Yes I'm with Cartman up mhyar ^^^^

mine is a closet type arrangement with 400W MH/HPS and my temps with the light close now range between 79 - 85F. I have a big desk fan and an in line extractor with filter. The exchange of air is very important for the health of your plants as well as odour control.

Hey WorldWide....just in-case you didn't know already....which I'm sure you do but what the hell:

http://mrtwig.net/

:p

7. Hi Chronic,
    I'm about to start a grow with very similar cab dimensions,mine are 4'w x 3'd x 6'h.
    I intend to use 600w mh/hps with a 100mm rvk exhaust,anyways,wot system u going with?

8. the temp rises to 88-90c
    Wow thats hot, i get worried if my cab get over 30c.

9. this thread is 2 years old

10. I got a water cooled 400W HPS Lamp that dont get hot at all:smoke: