HPS.. i need some help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ganja Power, Feb 27, 2007.

1. How high above my plant should i put my Fixture. I have a 400w

And its hanging from my ceiling about 2 and ahalf feet from the plant. In the living room with a cardboard surrounding.

Im wondering if its 85 is that to hott? Will it fuck my shit up? Cuz it stays from aroudn 82-85

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 85 is too hot. I keep my temps between 72 and 78.

Why do you need the cardboard there? It's not reflecting anything and is just raising your temps. And it doesn't look like this needs to be stealth....

3. Cardboard is flamable. Use another material, such as fire-resistant wall board or something

4. Because i have a cat. That got into the plant like a day ago. and almost killed it.

And not to mention.. with that in my living room. it jus illuminated RED thourghout my entire appartment. Laff. i need a way to control the light.

5. use a closet man :p crist.. in the middle of your living room.. haha

for an 400w HPS, 8 inches is 200% of the suns strenght, 12 inches is roughly equil to the sun.. (i would slowly lower it to 10-12 inches, lower it 4 inches a day from its current position, and get ready to give more water)
    see chart:
    [​IMG]

6. Dude i had it in my closet.... It gets 90+ degreese. And i cant cut a hole in the closet.

There is absolutley no other way. Its staying at about 79-80 in my living room, i have it about a foot above the plant.

Is taht ok? 12 inches?

and dont you mean Raise it 4 inches a day?

7. And another chart for ya...
    [​IMG]