Hps help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sway1418, May 20, 2012.

1. i have a sun system 150 watt hps with a built in ballast. i wanted to know would it be safe if plugged it into one of those extension cords the block one with safety switch (stops it from overloading and kills power) with multiple sockets. i wouldn't run anything else on the block with the switch. i also have a orange heavy duty extension cord they use for construction with ground plug. should i plug the light into the block and plug block to orange cord then into power socket by itself. any info would be useful just started using hps want to see better results. been using cfls and have excellent results compared to some people using cfls on you tube but anyway looking forward to hearing some feed back thanks \^SwAy^/

2. Most power strips are rated at 600 or above wattage so your 150 is totally fine. I myself have one 150 and 3 26 watt cfl 1 200 watt cfl and 4 32 watt flourescents and having no trouble with mine! But mine heavy duty rated at 1200 watts! Hope this helps

3. yeh pretty much any powerstrip or extension cord should be able to handle 150w no problem. You should be fine.

4. i would like to thank both of you guys for giving me input better safe than sorry when dealing with new equipment. @ daddygrow how big is your grow space bro seems like a lot of light

5. #5 Daddygrow, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    [quote name='"sway1418"']i would like to thank both of you guys for giving me input better safe than sorry when dealing with new equipment. @ daddygrow how big is your grow space bro seems like a lot of light[/quote]

Sun puts out 100,000+ lumens I've got around 24-24,000 unsure honestly lol but I'm five feet wide 3 feet deep five and a half feet tall check my grow journal out! :) and glad to be of help