hps heat question?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mokepot, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ok my space is only like 3x2 and about 5 1/2 or 6 feet tall, and i have carpet in my closet, so i was wondering if this will get hot enough to catch the carpet on fire or not? i have a 250hps and i have heard that they get really hot and then others say its not so bad? so could it do this? and i plan to have a fan up at the top of the closet to blow the air out since heat rises and then one at the bottom bringing air in, and blowing on the plants. so will this be ok? i just want to know the potential hazards of the light and all...thanks for any help...:smoking:

2. Your carpet wont "catch on fire" just by the light hanging. If it falls and bursts, cant garuntee anything. The fans are a must to keep the room cool. Its recommended you put something down over the carpet incase of spills anyway. Sounds like it will be ok, but for piece of mind and to make sure, try to stick around for the first few days. It also helps to make sure your wiring is out of the way, and the light is mounted correctly so that it cannot fall.

Good luck.

\t\t \t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t \t\t \t\t\t

3. hey thanks for the reply...and does anyone know what kind of temps i can expect in a space of this size from the 250w? i mean when i vegged them under cfl's it stayed about 80 something and even got to 90 something a few times, so i'm sure it will be over 90 with a 250w hps right? but with good ventilation i guess it will be fine, even then it will probably still be 80 or so right? thanks for any help...:smoking:

4. the temps. depend on airflow/ventilation, temp. of the room etc. you want to keep those temps. down. if you get into flower, and you have heat issues, it will effect your yields. nothing worse than having this nice big bud that weighs nothing.

5. "ok my space is only like 3x2 and about 5 1/2 or 6 feet tall, and i have carpet in my closet, so i was wondering if this will get hot enough to catch the carpet on fire or not? i have a 250hps and i have heard that they get really hot and then others say its not so bad? so could it do this? and i plan to have a fan up at the top of the closet to blow the air out since heat rises and then one at the bottom bringing air in, and blowing on the plants. so will this be ok? i just want to know the potential hazards of the light and all...thanks for any help...."

check out my grow, its almost the exact same size, ive also got a 250 hps.

without my 2 6 inch 250 cfm blowing the tems get up around 120... thats the highest my thermometer goes... not a good idea, proper vent is a must. but then again i do have a whole lotta flouros, but also then agian i do have active and passive intakes...

vent it well and you wont have a problem!!!

6. i got 600w hps and 6 autos. ones a dud. in closet with window outside closet and fan blowing air on them and a fan blowibg out the top so far they seem ok. but its hot af

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app