HPS grow light help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wesker420, Oct 18, 2013.

1. #2 Boboshimmy, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Yeah thatd work but id look for a 400w if youre going to do 3 plants and are going to spend the money..Im doing 4 right now and using a 1000w but you dont need all that..400w would be prime

EDIT: or look for maybe a 250? I didnt see htg had 250s..all up to you..the more watts the more your plants will flourish

2. Go big or go home. You could probably find a super cheap 1000w setup on craigslist

3. I agree with the 250-400w. Plants would have all the light they need.
    Don't skip on a quality bulb! :D

4. #5 TheAnswer121, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    I use this with great results. on third grow with stock bulbs, so quality is excellent ime. gonna get new ones next grow. first grow 9 oz, 2plants. second grow 6 oz, 1 plant. 1000w would be overkill and you'd have to put more money into managing heat.

5. Ill do some more shopping around and see if I can find an affordable 250watt unit, I was wanting 3 plants but if I don't have enough light for them I would be content with just one or two, in really just look to find a growing technique that works for me personally considering everyone does it different, I've looked into lollipoping my plants as well to get denser top buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. What kind of area do you have available?

7. 4' wide and 2' deep closet ill be painting flat white

8. Well with rooms that shape I'd suggest you go with a 250 and only grow in half that space or so. If you want to expand you can add a second light so you have 250w per 2x2 area. Going with anything bigger would kinda waste its coverage as you're only working with a two foot deep space. Sure you get reflectivity, but I'd rather spread the light out if possible.

I think they were mentioned earlier, but HTG supply usually has some pretty competitive prices and they give you options to change the bulb/reflector and such on their lighting package deals.

9. Also, if you decide to expand you can run just the one light until they get bigger and then spread them out under both lights...not a major factor but itnis a little easier on the electric bill. As it is you could easily run two or three nice little ladies under a single 250w and have a nice pull.

10. Could I do a 400W MH/HPS light instead of 2 250W?

11. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YXDHX6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?keywords=apollo%20400%20watt%20grow%20light&qid=1382106811&ref_=sr_1_1&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-1

I'm looking at this system mentioned earlier, I decided it would be best to wait untill I could get a better light to start my grow rather than using a cheaper 150W light

12. Absolutely. I'd suggest getting a magnetic ballast setup and run a CMH bulb, which can be found at advanced lighting who carry the Philips bulbs. Broader spectrum and great from start to finish.

13. I lean torwards CMH but that's a pretty good deal right there. If money is tight I'd go for it.

14. Yeah Im not looking to spend more than that 400W unit, it did look like good deal though considering it comes with an HPS and MH bulb, also has anyone ever had luck with starting seedlings under either of those bulbs? I've got some decent room to hang it so i feel like it would work if I hung it high enough.

15. Start and veg under the MH unless you have a small floro setup to get the seedlings going.

16. MH is preferable, but you can also veg w the HPS right?

Sent from my PH44100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app