HPS grow journal - Blue Dream clone Superglue sprout

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Superglued, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Wow! She's looking perky and healthy, Super!

Looks like she's ready to kick out some serious buds.

Keep the nute schedule at half the recommended dosage for the next couple of waterings and only increase if needed as it is much easier to fix a deficiency.

I'm at 65-70% on my nutes in week 4 of flower and they're doing just fine.

Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for the advice, Cola! I’ll mix the next batch for bloom in that consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Been a couple days and the BD keeps stretching. It looks great, all the new growth is uniform green and old growth that was looking deficient hasn’t gotten worse. I don’t think you’re supposed to prune during flower, but is there a benefit to trimming things back a bit? It’s quite bushy in the middle and I’m sure there a bud sites in there that probably won’t get a lot of light. Do I trim back the leaves in middle to expose the shaded bud sites to more light? Do I trim off the shaded bud sites in general so the plant focuses on the well lit (you know it, fam) bud sites? Do I do nothing because flower phase has begun and it’s too late to fuck with anything? Glue update after BD pics.

Here’s today:
    IMG_7470.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7478.JPG

The glue is stretching lol. It has several lime colored nodes along the top of the canopy that are going ape shit. Tons of growth and stretch from them. If this little glue plant has an ok size to yield ratio ima grow a bunch. It doesn’t even LOOK like cannabis. Here it is with its trade mark shot glass.
    IMG_7476.JPG
    Lime colored node
    IMG_7479.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. I did some reading last night on when to defoliate and why, sounds like something I’m into. Last night I spent about an hour trimming back leaves in the center mass of the plant, these leaves probably won’t see a lot of light anyway. I also trimmed back about 50% of the fan leaves below the canopy. The plant definitely needs fan leaves, but from what I’ve read it doesn’t need as many as it produces and they can take focus away from bud production. Phase one is get most of the leafy matter you plan to remove out, it was suggested to do this right before flower, but I’m only four days in so it’s probably fine. Famous last words. The second phase is during week three, for this trim you’re supposed to remove the tiny shit buds that have formed in shady spots on lower branches. Ain’t nobody got time to trim thin small buds, also getting them outta there helps the plant to focus on the big tops that get lots of light. Allegedly. We’ll see. I’m planning to do a full A/B with one of these next BD plants. Won’t trim it at all and will trim the others like this we’ll see which does better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hey Glued!
    Everything Looks Nice and Fresh and Healthy
    I'm flowering as well...
    I have a lot of leaves, small buds under canopy I'm about 10days into flower... i hope i don't have too many under my net? Kinda cramped lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks much! Read up a bit on pruning during flowering, seems like there are some risks but could be rewarding as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will do Superglued
    I have a friend who is in San Diego right now. He bought some Superglue... At Urban Leaf
    It was a hard hitter I think! He kept texting me....
    Wow! Is Dave Home man? I replied Dave's not here man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. @trailerparkgirle hahaha, glad your buddy liked it

Nearing the end of week two(day 12) and things are looking great. BD has stopped upward growth for the most part and bundles of white hairs are forming. The glue has little buds all along the top of the canopy as well. Been using straight water in preparation for the nute switch to bloom. Going to give it another week before I start adding nutes again though. Things seem promising though so far!

BD
    IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7542.JPG

Glue
    IMG_7543.JPG
    IMG_7544.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh and congrats on the holy punch seeds, looking forward to following that grow :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Everybody Looks
    HappY Thanks! It looks like a nice Strain!Glad to have u follow My Grow!
    I just bought some Purple Punch, turns out it's has nothing to do with Holy Punch lol
    I like the Watermelon I bought much better[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Damn those look good which site girly pm me.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Hey 420!
    What are looking at? Or looking For?

13. Hey Glued!
    What Day of flower are you at with BlueD?

• Like Like x 1
  14. #54 Superglued, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Today is day 15. Gonna go the last prune at day 21 i think.

• Like Like x 2

15. Sooner rather than later would be best, Super, as you may require more in the coming days/weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey Glued!
    What do u mean by Prune?

I'm at DaY 19 of Flower
    It is possible or a Good idea to lollipop?

What's your Take on this Cola?
    Do it a month ago? Haha

• Like Like x 1

17. I'm a newbie so far be it for me to give solid advice from a long time experience standpoint but I will say this and that's that I finished my most major defol (approx 80 leaves per plant) around day 30 of flower.

I've taken onesies and twosies (avg 5-10 per session) off since then as I did so today and yesterday and today is my day 42 of flower, day 49 of flip.

By and large, I believe that the overall health of the plant determines how much you can F with it. Super healthy plants can take far more abuse than their sickly counterparts.

Of course, all in my limited experience opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThANks Cola!
    Well I learned that I am not Day 19 of Flower
    I'm Day 19 Of Flip lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. #59 Superglued, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion, Cola. Maybe I’ll do that trim this week instead of next. I’ve been pruning a bit here and there, kind of in line with what you’re describing, it’s not horribly bushy. I want to stop futzing with it after a certain point so I don’t over prune, so I’m thinking after this week I’ll back off. The guide I’ve been following says to trim back bud sites as well, so I’m going to do that this week too. Trimming bud sites seems weird to me, but if they are going to be weak, thin buds anyway might as well skip them and let the plant focus on the good shit. You also don’t have to trim a ton of tiny buds come harvest time!

Tpg, I don’t think you’re too late in the process to do a bit of lollipopping. You're doing SCROG right? I hear you kinda want to trim almost everything below the string. I’m definitely not an expert, so make sure to find a guide to follow and double check it’s not too late. But like Cola said, if the plant is healthy it can take a bit of pruning and defoliation. I’m trying to go on the less aggressive side until I have a few grows under my belt. Some guides are SUPER aggressive, they basically leave the top 5 or 6 leaves and that’s it. I’m like:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. So flip versus flower, is there a set amount of days after you "flip" to when you start counting "flowering" days?