HPS grow journal - Blue Dream clone Superglue sprout

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Superglued, Mar 12, 2018.

1. #1 Superglued, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Just finished my first successful grow and am using a clone from the blue dream mother plant. I also have some superglue seeds and am sprouting one of those under some CFLs.

The BD clone is just getting into the fun veg stage where growth goes crazy. I’m training this one using a method of topping and LST bending, seems pretty interesting and results have been good. It is about a 20 centimeters tall now but should probably be 30 or 40 centimeters tall had it not been trained to grow sideways and the top removed.

Using fox farms ocean forest for soil and will use dynagro veg/bloom when soil nutrients dry out. 600w HPS that’s currently set to 75% to keep temps down until she gets bigger. Couple pics of her moving into the final pot and the training method I’m using. Just a couple bits of cotton string tapped to the side of the pot in such a way they pull the branches down so they grow out to the side instead of up. The glue isn’t big enough to be worth pictures yet.

IMG_7232.JPG
    IMG_7233.JPG
    IMG_7234.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Superglued, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It’s kind of nuts how fast this thing is jumping out of the ground!

Image1521044495.638950.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Superglued, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Did some pruning today. Pics included. Noticed a couple of the older fan leaves seem to be showing signs of manganese deficiency. I just potted it in new soil and a bigger pot, hoping the deficiency is just because it was ready to change pots. Any thoughts?

Mag def:
    IMG_7253.JPG

Pruning:
    IMG_7250.JPG IMG_7251.JPG
    IMG_7252.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Repotting the glue today. This plant has been so weird, it exploded out of its seed and up, then started growing in a weird arch and growing tons of dinky little leaves. Just couldn’t muster the strength to make the jump to fan leaves I guess? It’s been about four weeks since sprout and she’s been getting quite leafy so I decided it was time to push her out of the nest into a bigger pot. Probably should have earlier. Fingers crossed.

IMG_7255.JPG
    IMG_7256.JPG IMG_7257.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve been reading a few other threads on GC and have noticed it’s a faux pas to photograph under HID, my bad! Normal light pictures only going forward. The BD clone is doing great. I’ve had it on a 24 hour light cycle with watering almost every day and it seems to be growing rapidly still. The deficiency I described in a previous post seems to have halted. The leaves that were showing spots still have them, but they haven’t gotten worse. IMG_7269.JPG

Another week of LST using cotton string and I’ll probably let it start to grow up a bit. Here’s a couple pictures from today. IMG_7265.JPG IMG_7266.JPG

The superglue is still being stubborn I guess. Not much has changed in its growth. I’m watering it normally and am not doing a “keep it damp all the time” regiment anymore and it’s out of the humidity bulb. The root was creeping out of the old pot, so it’s got a root system in there. Hoping it turns around soon. I really wanted to flower the two of them at the same time to save on electricity, but I think that’s probably blown at this point.

Here’s the glue today. Shot glass for scale :)
    Image1521316377.385420.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Decided to move the glue in with the BD and load it into it’s final pot. I know repotted it over the weekend but thought that if it was going under the big light might as well get it into the big pot and save myself a swap later with a bigger plant. The BD is doing great, a bit more training and it will be ready to start growing upwards. Watered today. Watering almost every day, seems to be about 30-36 hours. I live in a dry area, so water evaporates fast I guess.
    Image1521501673.466504.jpg
    Image1521501718.316385.jpg Image1521501735.020754.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Things are looking pretty good today. The glue finally seems to be doing something, part of the bunch seems to be heading upwards. Maybe? I might just be seeing things hoping too hard haha. BD is still going strong. I’m letting a couple branches grow upwards for clones, thinking I’ll take two this time for the next grow. I can’t decide if I should top it again, the main stem is pretty obvious still and I don’t want the plant to focus too much on the main stem. Any thoughts?
    IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7282.JPG
    IMG_7283.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cloning day! I let a couple branches grow upwards on the BD to clip for clones. This current BD plant is my first clone, but I’m one for one so far on the process I used so I’m going to refine it a tiny bit. Here’s what I do:
    1 - take your cuttings and immediately put stems in water, cut the stem so it’s at least a 45 degree angle, surface area here is important.
    2 - prepare the soil plugs by soaking them in PH balanced water.
    3 - trim back the cuttings a bit, this is supposed to promote new growth and less leaf space means less water usage.
    4 - when the plugs are ready place them in a vessel that can hold enough water to almost completely submerge them.
    5 - fill the vessel so the plugs aren’t quite submerged.
    6 - gently squeeze the base of the stems while they’re submerged in water to push any bubbles out that might have formed.
    7 - make sure the plugs have a small hole in the middle that goes about half way into the plug.
    8 - dip each stem into the rooting gel and quickly place them in the plug hole.
    9 - pinch the plug so it tightens around the stem.

The vessel should be full enough that the tip of the stem is submerged in water. Make sure the water stay full enough that that the tip is submerged for the next week or so. Gradually add less water during the second week. You should start to see growth after two weeks from the day they went into the plug. If they start to wilt add more water, if they keep wilting get them out of the plug and soak the stem in just water. They should be good to go into the ground at that point. Not sure this is the best way, but it took hardly any effort before and it seemed to work.
    IMG_7292.JPG
    IMG_7293.JPG
    IMG_7294.JPG
    IMG_7295.JPG
    IMG_7296.JPG
    IMG_7297.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. Been a couple days! I’m happy to say the glue appears to be on the move. I’ve been foliar feeding(ff) each day for the last two days and both plants seem to be enjoying it. Because of the ff I’ve been turning the lights off for an hour each day, I read that water droplets on the leaves with the lights on can cause sun burns and don’t need that shit in my life. Started ff because BD was showing signs of a micro nutrient deficiency(again).

I’ve been mixing dynagro in about half the recommended ff amount into a spray bottle and misting once per day. Half the recommended amount is a quarter teaspoon into a gallon. I figured if it has no effect I can always increase in tiny increments as needed. Pretty stoked on ff, everything I’ve read says it makes the plants so happy when done correctly.

Clones are fine, just ff everyday and keep the water full for 5 more days.

I’m pretty excited about the glue. I was trying to understand its branch structure and was carefully pulling the branches apart to see how they come out of the stem, and my fingers smelled SO good after. At this stage of growth that’s gotta be a good sign right? The BD never made my hands smell like that unless I was handling the buds directly. Just a reminder that this is a bag seed. My dude had this killer superglue that was potent and tasty, but every quarter or so you’d get a seed. Shit was so great that if you returned the seeds dude would trade you a quarter of bud for 5, although I never traded them back. Todays pics.
    IMG_7309.JPG
    IMG_7310.JPG
    IMG_7311.JPG
    IMG_7312.JPG
    IMG_7313.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey Glued!
    Everybody looks a nice shade of green

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Whoops. Forgot you don’t want to give nutes to fresh clones or they do this. Spritzed with fresh water today and hoping this blows over and they aren’t toast. Lol. IMG_7321.JPG

13. Well, that’s two big mistakes I guess haha. I’ve been adding nutes to the BD plant and started using PH up to adjust the effect the nutes have on the water. Today I thought it would be ok to really quickly mix the nutes and ph up and then pour the water in. You’re not supposed to do that I happened to read on GC that this was a big no no 20 minutes or so after doing it, so I flushed it really well with clean water. Hopefully it’s not fucked. Live and l learn I guess! The clones seems to be doing fine and the glue is creeping, so losing the BD plant would not be great, but it wouldn’t be too discouraging.

14. After a couple days the BD seems fine, must have flushed quickly enough to get any bad stuff out. Will post some update pics this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Quick update. Going with two hours of darkness during lunch time for ff. Still having some micronutrient issues with the BD but it’s growing and it’s hard to tell if it’s getting worse or not. I guess that means it’s not? I’m going to gently increase nutes to full strength over the next three waterings and hope it starts to pop a bit more.
    IMG_7336.JPG
    The glue is growing, but it seems strangely small and still hasn’t generated any fan leaves. Not sure if this is normal or if this plant has something wrong with it genetically.
    IMG_7332.JPG
    Comparison with the BD. Granted the BD is three or four weeks older so it’s always going to be bigger.
    IMG_7334.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 Superglued, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    I think the glue might have root problems. Been digging deeper into it’s strange behavior and root issues seems to fit perfectly with its symptoms. It’s been repotted for a few weeks and is growing, hopefully it turns itself around.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Definitely root problems with the glue, it can’t seem to crack three blades per leaf and I’m starting to see a bit of cupping in new leaves. IMG_7350.JPG
    I’m planning to be more conservative with watering and hopefully the roots recover.

The BD seems to be recovering from micronutrient deficiency issues and is starting to get very bushy. I’ve been ff everyday for about a week now and have gently increased the solution to full strength per the bottles recommendation. I also have about half the recommended nutes going into the soil every watering. Going to slowly increase to full strength over the next 10 days. The leaves on this plant have always been a very light green, so hoping to see them darken a bit with regular feeding.

IMG_7345.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7348.JPG
    IMG_7349.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. The BD is big enough to flower and I’m nervous if it gets much bigger it will stretch too much for my current space so I flipped to flower this morning. I moved the glue back to the smaller box with the CFLs and will keep an eye on it, when it’s ready to flower I’ll throw it back in with the BD.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The BD is big enough to flower and I’m nervous if it gets bigger it will stretch too much for my current space so I flipped to flower this morning. I moved the glue back to the smaller box with the CFLs and will keep an eye on it, when it’s ready to flower I’ll throw it back in with the BD.

• Like Like x 2
  20. #20 Superglued, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Chatted with a buddy last night and they convinced me to let it veg a little longer. Kinda “which problem do you want to have? A plant that’s a little too big or a weak yield because the plant was small?” No brainer after hearing that. BD is back in veg!

• Like Like x 1