HPS from start to finish

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bartman, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I read an article previously that mentioned good results by using HPS from start to finish. Has anyone tried this or heard anyone trying it? Was wondering if it was worth a try or stick with MH and HPS. Thx.

2. Oh... it can work :)

[​IMG]

(grown entirely with HPS lighting.. the bud in my avatar came from the above plant, one of 6 ladies in the room)

3. Man, that looks great, will have to try it, thx.:smoke:

4. Hey man, glad I stumbled across this! I'm actually starting my first grow right now and the HPS is workin' like a charm! Although, the light can be a little harsh when they're newborn sprouts, so I used two $10 Meijer fluorescent tube lights for about 2 weeks or so and ever since I've switched to the HPS they babies have been lovin' it :D

5. I grow with HPS from start to finish. works fine. :yay:

6. Definitely yes. HPS isn't ideal for vegging but it's not bad at all, plants might stretch a little and might not develop secondary/tertiary growth to the same extent as if under MH, but still a good light for veg. And the best light for flower.

Best would be to use MH in veg and HPS in flower, but if you are going to go all the way with one bulb then HPS is the one.

7. thx folks, I`m gonna give hps alone a shot. I wonder if anyone has put the time n patience into comparing the results side-by-side, hps alone vs mh then hps..... mmm....:smoke:

8. nice results .

9. i think/know this plant was not from a normal clone or seed ,
    as hps alone would not make a plant bush like that,
    ether it was a re-veged or a flowering clone taken.
    Middy

10. #10 BadKittySmiles, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011

It's almost like you read my mind... or maybe, one of my many posts on the topic :p :D

Good eye either way. ;)

It's not really relevant to this thread, however, where the OP was simply wondering if the plant could be sustained healthily, by HPS lighting alone, in which case his question was answered! :D

11. #11 MIDLIFE, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011