Hps Digital Light Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DaleJr33, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Im looking at a 400 Digital Ballast for under 150.00 is digital the way to go?? I also useing this in a 2x2 by 6ft cabinet is this too much light?? Whats Up nobody use Digital Ballasts???

Thanks Dale:hello:

2. What's the difference? I know my ballasts aren't and they work just fine. If the digital part is just a timer, then I wouldn't pay more than $7 extra dollars for it since that's how much a socket timer costs. But like I said, IDK what makes digital ballasts different.

3. way too pricey for a digital ballast, sure they may be better in a few ways, less heat produced, more lumens produced, a bit safer to use ect ect, but its not really woth the extra money.... they say it is a quicker startup time with under a minute to full brightness, mines at full brightness withing 30 seconds, theres not much difference....

4. I have been priceing ballasts for about 2 weeks now, rebuilt 400hps Ballast were as cheap as 100.00 I found Digital 400hps for 99.00 with sockets I feel like this was a good deal. I was just wondering if they ormore effiecent.

Thanks Dale

5. well as i said they are better, but its really up to you....

6. the digital ballast runs cooler and is more energy effecient,,,my normal ballast gets hot but its tolerable ,,,,i think a 400 will overdo for your space a 250 watt,,,may be more suitable,,you just got to vent that heat somewhere...