Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

HPS burned my babies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrtwomuchskill, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Can anyone help me cause my HPS burn my seedlings they were a week old and it was 18 inches away all of them all wilted do you think they will recover also I watered them and sprayed them the water that drained was really hot and just to let you know how long it was on I say about 12:00 o clock lats night and I turned it off at 10:00 this morning so doc you think they will make it I really hope they do

2. slim to none...:(
    i generally figure if its uncomfortable on the hand then its too close .... if i cant controll the heat i seal the fixture and LST..

3. ive got a 250 watt hps prolly only about 12 inchs from the tops of my plants, no burn but i am worried the buds will get too close but its not uncomfortable for my hand until about 4 inchs away, i think a slight breeze between the bulb and plant works good hope ur babies make it, peace

4. 18" is way to close for seedlings they don't need that much light.... for a 400w HPS and plants less then 2weeks old i'd say 2-2 1/2 ft with a goo fan pushing out that hot air...... this is why most growers use flouros or CFL's for the first couple weeks

5. How many watts is the light?
    Your temps must be real high in the room then? You have a fan blowing at them right?