HPS and MH?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trogdor4564, Oct 6, 2007.

1. I am going to be growing in my 4x2' closet. I have a MH that is 250w and a HPS that is 400w. I want to know if it is ok to use both for veg so i can have more watts on my plants. If so would it be the same for flowering also?? So i could use MH and HPS for both vegging and flowering which would make my wattage 650 for the 4x2 area. Just trying to figure out if it would help bud development or not. PLease any answers are appreciated. Thank You

2. Hi,

Yes, you can use both MH and HPS together to veg or flower. Probably better IMO.

The HID's are going to heat up, you'll need ventilation if you havent already got it.

Only problem I see is uneven wattage. A 250 watt on one side and 400 watt on the other side. I guess you could rotate the lights...if you feel like the work.

Other than those two points, get those lights glowing :)

Good Luck

3. an mh has more uv rays which is what they use to make thc so hps with the mh will be just fine :D

4. ok cool thanks a lot guys. It sounds good ill see what happens. I cant wait for my seeds to come in. I ordered Fem. Green Spirit from Ducth Passion. Anyone know of that strain? Is it good?

5. I grew it a couple years back..they've had that strain for quite some time now. IMO it was just an ok strain. If your tollerence low to average than it will be a decent strain to smoke. Taste wasn't the greatest but better than some. I give it a 4 out of 10. Don't let my opinion discourage you though, you might like it. Good luck!

6. was it a high yeilder? Thats one of the main reasons i got it. Supposedly it is Big Bud x Skunk 1