hps 600w for veg n flowering or mh 600w veg

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cheddageden111, Oct 14, 2016.

?

hps veg or mh veg

1. hps

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. mh

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. would appreciate other peoples input here because I have spoke to so many different people who have said I have started using my hps bulb on veg and every body has told me that is the wrong thing to do but then have spoke to a guy who I know and he has said hps all the way threw then people say mh for veg and hps for flowering dose it really matter or dose it give me better results or dose in help in any other ways if the case is I need mh well will have to invest in one thanks in advance

2. MH bulbs are great for veg because of the blue side of the spectrum,, and HPS are good for flower because its has more of red spectrum,,, exactly what a cannabis plant needs during these crucial phases of its life.. the MH also keeps your plant really tight internodes and all during veg,,,,, both can be used for both but this is how its always been since i first read these forums..

• Like Like x 1
  3. ive also read of people using their MH bulbs until their plant is done streching during beginning flower,, this is so it reduces how much it streches and keeps it a really stocky, sizeable plant... i have not tried this, but i am going to induce flowering over the next week or so, and leaving my MH bulb in to see if there is any differance..

4. also when it first starts flowering,, its putting mostly leaves on, so consider that kind of still making leaves part, kinda very similar to what the plant would do during veg... its the flowers that prefer HPS.

5. so you opinion is that I could use either but recommended should be mh but they both still sort of do the same thing suppose it gives off the light for the plant either way dosent it and how do you do yours I'm set up in a 80x80x180 tent with hanger reflector and bulb and have really puzzled me ha wel I used my hps on the 1st few that I had and they stretch till they died so I suppose from a very early stage its better to use mh instead of hps I just cant seem to set my mind at ease but thanks I do appreciate the info and more then feel free

6. use MH for veg. the nodes/branches should be spaced less than an HPS leading to more branches equals more bid sites a mh bulb will create a shorter bushier plant

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. MH= vegetive/maybe even a week or 2 into flowering.... HPS= flowers..

8. or you could simply switch the bulbs at the switch of 12/12.. from

MH=VEG

HPS=FLOWER