How's the set-up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mikepete13, Oct 12, 2012.

1. This is my first batch of plants. I set this up a few weeks ago but the light blew out just as they started to sprout, they went 2 weeks without any real UV rays(I sat them by the windows but apparently no UV rays can get though). some of them seem to be making a real comeback while others are dying.[​IMG] I took a couple close ups of the dying ones, the one is growing tall but seems to be shriveling at the top..Is the light too strong? Am I giving it too much water?

Also is it normal for the plants to be so long and leafless???? they all need to be supported by little sticks or else they fall. theyre about 3 weeks old now

Attached Files:

2. Wow those are seriously streched. No offense guy, but i would be surprised if they make it.....but dont get me wrong...it can still happen

3. Pretty sure the stretching is because they are looking for light, and I'm almost 100% sure they don't need UV. Are you just using sunlight coming in the window?

4. yeah, that's what I did when the light blew. They've been under a 150 watt HPS light for about 4 or 5 days now, they look healthier, it's just the stretching tha'ts freaking me out

5. yeah...I figured as much...I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks...

6. Oo I'm sure they're very happy now that they've got that, they'll def stop searching for light. Now that you got a HPS I wouldn't worry too much since it sounded like light trouble, once I got the right CFL's for my girls they turned right around and CFL doesn't provide nearly as much lumens as a HPS. Obviously still keep a close eye on them since they're hurting a little still, they need love so they can give it back to you later :smoke: