How's she looking?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by highguy94, Apr 28, 2016.

1. She's just a sprout, but I think coming in a little light yellow for some reason. I could be being paranoid, but I wanted some opinions from you guys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks good so far. Need more aeration in you soil. Whats in it? Regardless if I were you I'd pick up some perlite and mix it in with your soil to increase drainage and aeration.

CanniAnnie's Quest for balance

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks fine just a baby.i def agree bout drainage.but b patient

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm using Fox Farm Organic Soil straight from the bag. This is my first attempt at growing, so I was just trying to keep things "out of the bag" simple, lol, but I was thinking it needed something to make drainage better. Possibly is sitting in the wet Soil for too long at a time.

5. Everybody has there own style.i put shagnum and perlite with $7 organic potting soil.but i feed hydro nutes.ive never used fox farm soil but id imagine its good to go then...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I water mine like a indoor plant.like once every 5-6days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, thanks for the advice guys. I definitely think you both hit it right on the mark. I'll be picking up some perlite ASAP.

8. Its not difficult. A lot people including myself use fox farm ocean forest (ffof). Just grab a bag of perlite and mix it 1 to 1 ratio. Can use vermiculite, crushed stone, anything to give the roots something to have a break from all the moisture and add room for more oxygen.

How often I water depends on the size of my plant and container. Basically I stick my middle finger in to the second knuckle and feel for moisture. Best way to tell is weight. Get a feel for the freshly watered weight, and then compare to a completely dry feel. My 1gal get fed every 3 days. My 3gals are every 5-6. As the plants grow and eat more you'll be watering more. When you transplant it basically starts that clock all over.

CanniAnnie's Quest for balance

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Your seedling looks fine.

I have found Seedling start is great stuff if you're trying to keep it simple. Its airy, light, and its easy to get use to weight wise.

I Mix 32 qts of Black Golds Seedling Start, with 16qts of Black Golds Earthworm casings, with 16qts of Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Plenty of nutrients to hold them over til bloom. I still give them some Nutes during veg but its not required.

• Like Like x 1
  10. my mix is 35% organic potting,35%shagnum,30%perlite.i do hydro too so i always have clay pellets around,i throw couple handfuls of that n the mix too

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks again for the suggestions guys. Going to definitely be adding perlite to my soil from now on.