Hows she looking?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jordan81795, May 6, 2013.

1. About a month In , on nutes

image-3132240475.jpg

image-3068966238.jpg

2. man she looks real good, keep it up

3. What kind of soil,light's,nutes etc....

4. Fox farm happy frog/ocean forest .. 3x cfl .. Big bloom and grow big nutes

5. Looking good keep it up

6. Looks good. im a first time grower. i just posted a new thread just like your a couple mins ago. mine is five weeks old. why does it seem to be bigger?

7. Alittle small for a month but looking good

8. I'm thinking its the growing medium it's in , it's not as much soil as someone would use . But after another month of veg , it will still be able to flower right? No matter the size ?

9. yes. you will probably have a pretty big plant though

10. shes looking rad man!!!!

11. Thank you but something worries me , pictures took this morning , first time I'm seeing it

image-3142538532.jpg

image-378479377.jpg

image-3602157876.jpg

image-1807173214.jpg

12. Looks like some kinda of deficiency

13. How can one fix that?

14. #14 Sliderr, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
    thats nute burn.Just flush with 6 - 8 quarts of water and don't fertilize again for about a week. When you do give her some nutes use about half of whatever you were using before.
    this should make her right as rain.

I'm guessing you followed the directions on your nutes and it was too hot. With young plants, and even some strains when they are bigger, you have to start at around 1/4 strength nutes and increase a little every week or two until you get the nutes "dialed in" as they say.

Most of the time you cannot just dump the entire dose on them at one time or you get exactly what you have here.

Hope this helps.

15. Thanks buddy , pretty st8 forward

16. Ok I flushed her about 3 days ago. Whats some signs that the plant is being restored and when can I expect it?

Basically what I did is got 3x the pot water and just poured it in the pot , all the water fell thru the drain holes into my bucket. I hope I did it correctly. Anyways the soil is still deep black meaning its still wet .

Also is it okay if I add some new soil to the mix?

Thankyou!

17. #17 Sliderr, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    You will know the plant is recovering when the necrosis stops spreading. If the problem persists the visual evidence will slowly move up the plant to higher and higher tiers. If it reaches the top there is about a 90% (my own statistic)chance you will lose the plant. If all is well you should see normal growth resume within a week or so.

I recommend triming off the damaged parts of the leaves with some nice sharp scissors. In my experience this helps get her back on track a little faster, not to mention it gets rid of the ugliness :p

I wouldn't mess with the soil. The more you mess with her the more likely you are to screw her up.

The biggest mistake I see new growers make is they constantly want to have their hands on their plants - changing this, or "fixing" that... Leave it alone and let it grow.

If you go changing things around while there is already a known problem, then it becomes a lot more difficult to diagnose when something else goes wrong because the problem could stem from the initial problem, or it could be something else that you changed in the midst of it all. If you feel like you need more dirt wait till you solve your first problem before you disturb her again.

18. I agree , she's pretty ugly right now , so you're telling me to just let her be? With no nutes for a week or so. How can i trim off the burn parts without hurting the plant?