Hows she looking? 2 weeks flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kiowha, Jul 27, 2010.

1. #1 kiowha, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
    Hi Dudes

*EDIT* This is my first ever grow :) *EDIT*

I brought this plant inside after vegging it outdoors. As you can see from the pictures, she started getting a bit poorly outside and started getting a lot of holes in her leaves. This was absolutely not because of bugs however, I think it was mosaic virus. It totally cleared up in the new growth when i brought it indoors, and doesnt seem to have affected the plant much, so happy days.

As a rank amateur, I also made the mistake of topping it 1 week into flowering. This is NOT recommended by almost everyone with some knowledge of growing, HOWEVER, it seems to have worked very well for me.

Can anyone tell me how the plant looks, and what kind of yield i can expect. Also, because the plant was a gift, I don't know the strain. Please feel free to speculate on whether it is sativa/indica/hybrid.

Apologies for the picture quality, the camera reacted pretty poorly to the 400 watts of unadulterated HPS this plant is under :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Nice! My guess is indica dominate hybrid. Can you get us a pic with lights off? Have you treated them in any way before bringing indoors? Congratulations!

3. luvtogrow, its not "them", its only 1 plant :)

Yes I was thinking it was indica dominant, I'm hoping its 50/50 though :) I'm very happy with the way it turned out, because I didnt use much nutes, just a tiny bit of miracle gro every now and then, and I used regular compost from a bag, nothing special. Its a very basic set up, the light is hanging from the top of a tall aluminium step ladder, with a small bit of tin foil wrapped around the top (the plant got too high at one point, and because I had already topped it i just put the 4 legs of the ladder on wooden blocks :)).

Is it just me, or is it really not that hard to have a *fairly* successful grow without much effort? Because mine has been no trouble at all so far.

Also, does anyone know how much i can expect to get in about a month at harvest time? I'm hoping for at least an ounce, sick of paying over €15 a gram for weed (only in Ireland :().

4. nice plant......should throw it some sort of bud booster...will increase yeild....sometimes its easy......sometimes.........dont wanna piss off the grow gods:D

5. I dont have any money these days to buy nutes- any idea of a natural bud booster i could use? For example, some people suggest molasses. Would it be similar if i dissolved some sugar in the rainwater I give my plant? Or is that a ludicrous suggestion?

6. Molasses is great to use at 1tblspn/gal.

The major bloom nutrient is Phosphate.

Some natural sources to consider are wood ashes, though the pH of a solution will be high and it would be best to lower it a bit.

Coke uses phosphoric acid (phosphate), though I'm not sure of the concentrations.

Sucks your cash flow is that tight. I would go with any type of cheap tomato bloom fertilizer, but definitely make sure you get some unsulphured molasses.

Is the water you are using good?

7. I am using rainwater that I collect in a big drum outside, which I think is good and natural. I get a LOT of rain where I live :)

I think I'll just leave nature run its course and skip the molasses and flowering nutes, hopefully I'll get a decent yield from it. Surely it should be able to thrive without adding molasses etc? What kind of yeild might I be looking at? It is quite a big plant after all.

8. #8 deacon, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
    blackstrap unsulfered molassas....good stuff...2 tablespoons per gallon....plus it makes those buds taste sweet..but go a little if usin' soil....about 5 bucks....can attract gnats....sure these guys on here got all kinda of ideas...but if these guys think you got more than 1 plant there you gotta be dion' something right...keep up the nice grow:smoking:

9. I veg outside and bring plants inside too. Where I live, I have to spray alot for spidermites when I go this route. Make sure you dont bring things from outside inside stay on top of it. Plant looks health my yields usually double when I veg outside.

10. Why would you go through all the trouble of growing that nice plant and then starve it?

Dude, go buy a 4$ jar of unsulphured or blackstrap molasses and add at 1-2 tblspn/gal to your plant! fook Then spend another 6$ on some cheap tomato bloom nutes at any local hardware shop and you'll be happy.

I am not a yield guesser as there are a shitload of factors that can affect it by the time you are done. I'd say if everything went right, 1.5-2 oz, but I dont know. Maybe higher, but it looks like you are somewhat resource limited

11. OK, i guess if it makes such a big difference i will see if i can get my hands on those things.

I have a bottle of BioBizz Bio-Grow, which says 8-2-6 on the front of it. It is a viscous black liquid, and after doing some googling i think this might contain molasses. Is this formula any good during flowering?

I'll go look for tomato bloom nutes 2moro :)

P.S. Money is tight because I'm a student, and everything is a rip-off here in Ireland ;)

12. I wouldn't use that for flower 8 is pretty high for nitrogen in flower u want some thing with the last two numbers higher then the first

13. you want something more like 0-5-8 for flowering.

do you know any other students that might be affiliated with horticulture or agriculture or something?

14. Yes I do, I go to university here and my friends that live next door to me went home for the summer and gave me the plant. Was pretty delighted actually, gives me something to do and look forward to!

I'm gonna run into town and buy some gear for the plant, i'll post some pics in a week or two to let ye know how shes doing :)