Hows my new diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by I Toke Alone, Jan 1, 2014.

1. #1 I Toke Alone, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    I've recently started making fruit smoothies every morning with half a banana, a bunch of organic berries, added protein powder, and almond milk. Then in the evening I make veggie juice with my new juicer. I juice Carrots, spinach, celery, Romaine Lettuce, garlic, an apple, and half a lemon. Other than the smoothie and juice everyday, I also eat eggs, nuts and chicken breast which I cook myself almost everyday so I'm definitely getting plenty of protein.. I also take high grade fish oil supplements everyday. Does this seem pretty much like a perfect diet? I exercise everyday too.

2. sounds fucking mint i need to get on that

3. #3 I Toke Alone, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    Thanks man. One thing I've been noticing though is that about 15 minutes after drinking my fruit smoothie I get sort of this anxious energy rush or something. It makes my heart rate increase maybe 10-15 beats faster for probably 15-20 minutes. It almost feels like I drank an energy drink or something. Is this just the sugar rush I'm feeling?

4. [quote name="I Toke Alone" post="19260967" timestamp="1388539901"]Thanks man. One thing I've been noticing though is that about 15 minutes after drinking my fruit smoothie I get sort of this anxious energy rush or something. It makes my heart rate increase maybe 10-15 beats faster for probably 15-20 minutes. It almost feels like I drank an energy drink or something. Is this just the sugar rush I'm feeling?[/quote]Yeah if you're drinking this on an empty stomach first thing in the AM. All that sugar from the fruit is give you a punch.

5. Are you working out too?

6. Sure am bro. Barely though yet I still have an athletes heart rate of 48-55. Guess it's bcuz I'm 155 lbs and have been taking fish oil for so long.

7. This is your insulin spiking from all the sugar.  Might not be the best idea first thing in the morning, maybe switch up your vege and fruit smoothies.

8. seems good just make sure to eat more meals because that doesn't seem like enough food especially for a guy

9. Throw some oats in there you'll go crazy with no carbs lol