Hows my diet/exercise routine?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by I Toke Alone, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Hey blades. I'm going on a strict diet and exercise routine for the next 3 months. I want to finally get the body I want. I'm not trying to get buff or anything. I just want to be very toned and have barely any fat on me. I have some excess chest and stomach fat. I'm 5'11 165 lbs.

Here's my routine:

-wake up 7am have a glass of lemon water

-do 200 crunches, 100 clap push ups, dumbbell exercises for my arms and shoulders then use my jump rope for about 20minutes.

-after my workout I will cook 3 eggs, and make a frozen fruit smoothie with tons of berries and half a banana with lots of added protein.

-for lunch I'll eat cooked chicken breast or homemade chili with lots of different beans or something and I eat lots of nuts.

-later on in the evening is when I make my veggie juice using my juicer. I use Romaine Lettuce, spinach, Apples, celery, Carrots, half a lemon and garlic.

So basically all I'm going to be eating is a fruit smoothie, veggie juice, nuts, almond milk, chicken, beans, turkey, eggs, tuna from now on. Is this a complete diet or am I missing anything important? Do you guys think if I do this every day I'll lose fat and gain muscle quickly?

theres not enough fat in your diety

3. Use fish oil for your fat. And the rest looks decent, I mean you gotta know that fruits and stuff are carbs. And thats what you want to avoid. And about your 200 crunches and such, thats waste of time. Check out "muscle and fitness" and some youtube videos for abs exercises. Everything above 20 reps is waste of time. 

peace brotha

*have been working out for 1 1/2 years now, know my shit pretty well I'd say. So feel free to pm me with questions*

4. Yeah I forgot to mention, I take fish oil no have for like 4 years. How does this diet sound decent at best? I mean I'm getting the most important Veggies and fruit every single day and not eating any junk.

5. chuck in a bit of running man if you wanna burn some shit, and obviously boxing. id say dont put any strict time scales on anything because it might just lead to failing it and getting put off, if you want a healthy body just do all this good shit FOR LIFE, not 3 months 

6. It ain't the 12 labors diet but looks good for building lean muscle. Check out Jetfit and there is an app for android...May be one for IOS too. Has a lot of great exercises, and keeps track of your program..Like Scrubbin Bubbles..."It does the work so you don't have toooo"

7. Ok I'll run too. Yeah I mean I'm always going to do this diet I just want to be in much better shape in 3 months.

8. running, boxing (heavy bag and double end bag), chuck some weights in there all that good shit compounds and isolates whatever, i do rounds on the bag 5 mins or whatever and then do maybe 2 or 3 exercises 2 or 3 sets each and then go back to the bag and repeat, as much as you want/can, different areas hit each day with the weights, im not trying lose weight so i eat well and drink and blaze and eat junk food so no real hardship in the lifestyle, thats what i do working pretty well so far 

9. Would it be bad if someone lived off veggie juice and fruit smoothies with added protein everyday?

10. I'd say if you want to lose weight then focus more on vegetables than fruit.  All that fruit is still good but too much and you're getting a lot of sugar in your diet.  

11. Yeah man this sounds basically just like my diet and that helped me go from 255 to 190-203 , i am always inbetween that weight now . I also went on a week of straight vegtable juice without adding protien and i found that pretty benificial , had to stop smoking for a week to accomplish that thoughSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. #12 guest30011140, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Don't be afraid of fruit. All this bullshit about too much sugar is a joke. I've increased my fruits from about 2 per day (typically one banana and one apple) to as much as 10 fruits per day (now more on the range of 5 bananas, 2 apples, an orange, and 2 avocados - though there is lots of variety to this). I have seen huge results in my toning, sculpting, and inches while even reducing the amount of physical activity I'm doing. Search "51 Bananas" on Youtube and start from there.

Seeds, nuts, and avocados are great for getting all the fat you need. And you have to be careful with meats as well. The unhealthiness of the animals themselves can be so dangerous for us to eat them. Fruits and veggies, with the helps of beans and nuts, have plenty of proteins for us. Besides, what do you think cows and chickens eat? Stop falling for all the government and science bullshit about dieting.

Edit: I would like to say, however, I'm still all for eating meats and protein drinks/powders/supplements/etc for weight lifting and body building. But seriously, fruits are crazy awesome.