Hows my box?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IluvBud, Oct 14, 2014.

1. #1 IluvBud, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Hi everyone im a newbie to growing so im open to all suggestions. I have 3 plants in a closet which is 2ft deep, 4ft wide, and 6 ft tall with a divider above the closet which goes another 2 ft higher. i have (3) 23w cfls = 100w ea and i have a Lvjing® High Power 120w Led Plant Grow Light Panel 1365 Led Red + Blue for Hydroponic Plants Flowers Vegetables Greenhouse Hydro Lighting 85-265V (120w) on the way (giggity). ive already germinated my seeds and planted them unfortunately i did this before i knew i was getting the light panel but by the time i get it which should be in about a month they should be doing well. Thanks for your opinions :)

2. Post pics if you can

3. go to your cheapest hydro store and get some mylar, so the box is shiny as fuck. then just keep your plants the same height by topping them at the same point of height. Keep your lights as close as possible but enough to penetrate every plant top. The mylar will help the reflection=using your lights to the maximum.

4. #4 IluvBud, Oct 14, 2014
    i might have pics not sure yet theres a few unwanted things in my grow box i wish were'nt there like cloths..... Mylar would be awesome but i dont have any hydro stores lol i havent been fortunate enough to have my state legalize my new found hobby instead Im working on gettin acouple of the emergency blankets until i find where to get mylar but for now i have foil on the walls lol also im having problems with selecting a pot size as i dont wont my plants to be very tall but more bushy.  heres a link to the led light http://www.amazon.com/Lvjing%C2%AE-Hydroponic-Vegetables-Greenhouse-Lighting/dp/B00MXTWOIM/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_1

5. #5 Danky Jones, Oct 14, 2014
    every state has a stores for these supplies. just gotta dig for em
    Id put 2-4 plants in a scrog(5 gallon pots) OR 6 plants(2-3Gallon pots) topped so so they stay short and bushy
    Led is very good at penetrating the canopy, invest time in finding mylar you'll thank yourself in a couple of months

6. Home depot or lowes should have most stuff. Car windshield sun shades work really good too and easy to find. Ive heard those thin blankets can burn your plant if it has any wrinkles in it

7. #7 IluvBud, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    i like the scrog idea it would be way easier to manage 3-4 plants especially since i dont know if my closet is big enough to put 6 (2-3 gallon) pots in there. Would i still need to top them or fim them if im going to scrog? I definitly dont wanna burn my plants but i heard the emergency blankets where the next best thing to mylar.

8. is there any scrog information thats easily explained that someone could post if so thanks i appreciate it very much :smoke:

9. So this is my grow box and the first of 3 plants is showing

Sent from my N850 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. Ok so I pretty much scrapped that setup thus is what it looks like now.

Attached Files:

11. all three have sprouted yay!

12. #13 IluvBud, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    Alright something don't look right either something else got in my pots or these are some wierd and slow growing plants its been about 2 weeks from seeds. Need some help plz.

Attached Files:

13. Ya know, if you paint your walls glossy white, it'll reflect pretty much the same as mylar. Please don't use emergency blankets or foil, as those materials can cause hot spots that might be harmful to your house/plants.

And dang, about four of those plants don't look like weed...

14. #15 IluvBud, Oct 19, 2014
    Yea I wasn't sure I've got 3 growing but now it maybe just the one is a pot plant Lol. I've already started germinating 2 more seeds. Foil is the best I can do for now if see any problems I'll tear it down walls are like a yellowish white.

15. "Hows my box" thats what she said....lol

16. Make sure you have proper airflow through the grow area, leaving the door ajar/window open doesn't normally cut it...

17. im literraly growing in my closet no grow tent so the only way i can get air flow is to close and shut the door a bunch every hour to get good clean air in

18. That is really not the only way my man. A box fan posted up in the corner blowing air out with the door open a crack works. This setup is ok to start but I hope you don't have ounces of weed coming out of that room dreams. We are talking in the 10-20g return if your lucky range for your setup. Growing mj isn't as easy as going out digging up soil in your backyard getting a cfl some tap water and dreaming. It requires constant air movement, air exchange, correct spectrum of light 6500k I think I hate cfl so idk. It requires an idea of temps your running, drainage in growing medium, more light forget the reflector material with cfl it doesn't matter the useable light waves don't travel far enough to be reflected and absorbed. Normally you need a plan for odor control later on flowering mj has a lot of odor. You are trying to simulate mother nature play plant God if you will. Temp, Sun, wind, water. You need to learn about nutrients for Mary Jane yes plants need nutrients after 3 weeks or so even with decent soil. Read read a book! It's great that your on here and getting your hands dirty but I am seeing fail written all over this if you don't research or get a buddy that knows what time it is.

19. #20 IluvBud, Oct 19, 2014
    i see what your sayin and appreciate the concern.. But ive got a fan hanging in the closet and im getting a 120w led light panel plus i have a t12 thats 450w total with the 3 23w = 100w ea. cfls for a 2ft deep, 4ft wide, and 6 ft tall closet lined with foil. Im using well water and im getting nutrients soon so I think the only thing im really missing is odor control which i dont think will be a problem but ill come up with somthing to to help with that if it does. im growing bag weed not some ridiculous strain lol imma post pics of how it looks now my box that is..