Hows my beginners setup?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Pariah, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Ok, so im planning out my growing space, and its going to be pretty small, about 4 square feet or so. Im thinking one plant per square foot. Im planning on buying a 400 watt HPS lamp for 130 bucks and a 400 watt MH lamp for 80 dollars. I have decent ventilation and im going to get a better fan. Should the are in which my farm is growing be warm? cool, or just room temperature? Thanks for any advice

2. Room tempature is nice, but try to keep you ROOM kinda kewl you dont wanna stress yourself out :p, also is this a onfined space or open to the area? Kinda like a closet thats what im geussing since u got 4 feet. Also make sure you check on your weed regurly when it starts getting large, you may have to move it. Cause plants can actually get crowded and it does effect your growing. :-D Happy smoking

3. ~75 degrees F.... and man a 400 is alot of light for 4sq.ft.... a 250w would be more reasonable... but a 400 will most likely get ya abit larger harvest.... although cooling that big light in that little space might pose a problem.... good luck.. ;)

4. Hey people hows it going? I just made myself a grow box, its demensions are 1ftx1ftx3ft.
    Im very limited in space as you can tell. :(

I was vegging under 3x33watts(99watts) of flos for two months and have just recently purchased a 70 watt HPS. I was just wondering if this is enough light for my grow area. Also, there are 4 plants in this box, all about 1ft tall or so. Also I am planning on purchasing a 100watt CFL to add to the 70watt hps. I also have a 4'' air intake about 3'' exhaust, plus the walls are lined with white polly.

Any comments on this or susjustions on this would be of great help.

*soon to have pics up*
    Hope fully by next week, which will be around Nov 18th, 04 hopefully*