How's my babies looking? (week 6, 150W HPS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 520medicineman, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Alright guys, mostly posting this for all the amazing grasscity members that are helping me with my grow, but I wanted to show all of you. If you've been following my grow at all, these were 2 white widows that were dumped on me in their first week of flowering. I've taken them under my wing, calling it my first unofficial grow. I'm using one 150W HPS SunSystem, and 4 clamp lights with CFL bulbs (cant remember the wattage off-hand). These pictures were taken right before i turned the lights off, with only the CFL's on so i wouldn't get those wierd lines you get when taking a pic with an HPS light.

Question for all you experts: I'm going to be flushing them in a few days, or whenever their trichs are about 40% amber, then let it sit for 2 days to dry, then flush it again and let it sit for 2 more days. Then i'm gonna give it a full 24hrs of darkness then CHOP TIME :D. You guys think this is a solid route to go?

*also i have a few more questions for expert growers, if you could message me that would be great, they have to do with the whole flushing operation.

**last but not least, im not too experienced in growing so idk if this is possible to tell, but if it is, could anybody tell me ballpark range yield of how much bud I might get get off these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yeah man, I don't know much but your plan sounds solid. As far as yield, idk, 2.5+oz.? If my eyes don't precieve me.

3. When were you planning on harvesting?
    I think you need more than a week to harvest
    How do the trichs look? other than amber being 40%
    As far as white widow goes they do recommend going dark for a week or two before the chop
    So about 2-3 weeks until chop I would say

4. Wait are you saying that instead of giving it 24hrs of darkness, giving an entire week of darkness?

5. Give it whatever you would like to give
    I mean it is your grow but as far as what is recommended here is a cut and paste of it
    It's suggested to flower (12 hour light) this marijuana variety for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give her the crystals you are after. Try to turn the lights off altogether the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle- or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from re-growth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower! The buds have so much THC on them that it is hard to see them at all.

Take it for what its worth

6. Ya, i heard that white widow takes a lot longer to mature (8-11 weeks). I'm still a little confused on what light times i should use, right now im still 12/12, but you say I should give it 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness for the final 2 weeks before chop?

7. I do 24 hours of dark before the chop. Two weeks is excessive IMHO. Just give it plain water with no nutes for the last 7 to 10 days. But it looks like you still have a while to go yet.

8. Yes it definitely looks like you need atleast 2 more weeks of normal 12/12 light schedule, as for the 2 week thing, I've read it but am not all that comfortable with it. Why don't you look around for someone who is currently growing WW and check, I believe that Up_In_Smokn' is growing it and may be able to give you his take on the whole 2 week thing. As for using the shortened light cycle, again not all that versed in it but the theory is that the plant believes it is dying and does its best to finish as fast as possible, however, it seems to me that all this will acomplish is to hermie the plant. But again I'm not the expert on WW, you really need to check with several growers of the strain and come to your own conclusion.

As for yield, there is no reason in the world that you don't get a QP per plant if you let them fully mature.

9. Ya, i realized i still have about a week or so till i flush. Thanks for all the awesome info.

thanks man, i'll definitely hit him up. My friend that has the mother of this plant was doing something called "buddis interuptis" or something along those lines, where every few weeks he was giving it a full 24hrs of darkness then back on 12/12. Has anyone ever heard of this?