Hows Colorado/Washington doing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ruger420, Feb 22, 2013.

1. They did not pass vertical integration. Grow businesses can operate separately from dispensaries. However, I think you are right that this will cause a supply issue at first. Unless a dispensary is issued a recreational grow license 2-3 months in advance of when they convert to recreational sales, their only stock will be what they grew for medical, which is limited by the number of patients they have. Of course, once they go recreational, they can buy weed from whoever. So they may be able to acquire product from other MMJ dispensaries. Maybe it won't be a problem, as some dispensaries will change over to being only grow ops and sell all of their inventory while others go to being only storefronts? We've also yet to see how many stores will be allowed, so it might be the case that many MMJ dispensaries will not be allowed to convert to recreational because of the number of stores. So they might go out of business pretty quick and sell their inventory. Also, at the current prices and tax rates, the black market is going to remain the primary supply for many. At least until retail prices fall.

2. Finally found it.

13 MARIJUANA STORE LICENSEE SHALL ONLY SELL RETAIL MARIJUANA GROWN
    14 IN ITS RETAIL MARIJUANA CULTIVATION FACILITY LICENSED PURSUANT TO
    15 SECTION 12-43.4-403. ON AND BEFORE SEPTEMBER 30, 2014

So you are right. That's the first I've heard of this. Looks like they can still buy and sell up to 30% of their inventory, same as MMJ.

However, it looks like existing MMJ dispensaries will only have a 3 month period where no new rec. dispensaries can apply. I guess they would also have to be integrated until oct.

3. Yeah, had my ears on JDR all week long. You listen?

4. Don't think so, what's that?

5. johndoeradio.com

6. So..I haven't found any new info on WA...when are stores allowed to start selling? I've read that CO is possibly lookng at Jan/Feb(is that right)...and WA is March at the earliest...

Ive been trying to search on the forum but the search engine is pissing me off,is useless..and on google can't really find anything on Seattle besides the fact that "they're working on plans'. Being as how i'm moving back to WA and going to school in Sept. just wondering...WA seems to be taking their time, and CO atleast from what I read seem to know what they want and aren't fucking around with getting shit implemented.

Worst case scenario how long will it take to get my WA id so I can get a med card?

7. Preliminary plans are out as of May 16th.  But if your question is about when can we buy it in retail locations....Early 2014.  If you want something by Sept.   Med will be the way to go.   PM if you need more details.

8. Cannabis should not be taxed or regulated by the government unless you want wealthy special interests to dominate the industry. Government is the tool of the elite, not the protector of the consumer.

9. Colorado and Washington state will lead the world in this age of allowing marijuana it's place in human society. In order for this to happen  and for MJ to earn the proper respect it deserves as a plant/medicine, it MUST be subject to all the controls nesessary to prove to the world it can be a safe, benificial entity. I understand some people do not want MJ to achieve respected status. They like the closet culture of sneaking around, smoking pot, taking chances at getting busted. Usually these people are young inexperienced adults that have not encountered lifes harsh realities. I pray that these supporters of closet pot never have to deal with a gang of DEA agents kicking in their door, rummaging through their lifes' posessions, locking them in a prision cell, causing untold financial damage running them through a legal system designed to line the pockets of expensive lawyers. Maybe only then will these anti government youngsters realize had they VOTED for legalization along with all the nesessary evils of taxation and regulation, they would not be harassed, imprisioned, and have their lives F**&'d up for good. Cudo's to Colorado and Washington state voters....you people are the hero's of the marijuana movement along with the many pro pot organizations that work so hard every day to help us with our fight for respect. The laws of each state are not perfect...but an amazing starting point for the rest of this country, and eventually the world to follow.

10. #131 Mikayote, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Have you ever read Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle

Do you know what the food industry was like before the FDA? Yes, there is some well publicized corruption (which the ability to whistleblow over the internet is shining a scalding light on). But you've never eaten a boiled rat that was labeled as a "canned chicken", or sausages that were colored with coal tar. 

11. I actually live in Colorado. No recreational dispensaries are open. There are some recreational smoke areas, that are only only ur accessible by people with red cards. The rumor is the recreational spots won't open until late 2015.

12. I'm really interested to see how many recreational stores actually open up on January 1st 2014 considering the rules they have outlined in implementing A64.  2015 will be the year like you said IMO, but early in the year rather than later I'm thinking.

13.  While waiting on my probation to expire so I can leave this God forsaken hypocritical red State, I have been doing a great deal of research on both Wa. and Co.  Wa. is simple. All you have to do is move to Wa. and get a drivers licence to become considered a "resident". At that time you are eligible for a med card. To get a producer permit you must have been a resident for at least 3 months.

14. I live in Boulder, CO. Until January only those w/red cards can legally buy, but ANYONE over 21 can possess/consume. Ppl can also give cannabis away from their private grow with no problem. It is very easy to come by, and it's cheaper now than it was before Amendment 64, or medical marijuana. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that walking down the street, you can smell it growing pretty much everywhere. It's true! Driving around Boulder there are several places where the air is heavy with the sweet smell of growing cannabis, and boy does it make me SMILE!!! I still can't believe it's legal! COLORADO ROCKS!!!

15. #136 brotherrob, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    The VOTERS of Colorado Rock! The VOTERS of Washington State also Rock! EVERY VOTER that has taken the time to go out and support legalization Rocks!!!!

16. yeah I feel like the states around colorado and washington will have fewer marijuana arrests because more people will just go over to WA/CO and buy their weed and maybe smoke it there too. That will also help the legalization in other states because they will see this drop in arrests.

17. They probably clean them when you go to a bar they don't just give you a dirty beer glass someone else just drank out of.

18. I moved to Denver from Houston and it is a whole different world here. Stinks of weed everywhere hahahaha. And having a red card is like heaven. No more knee pains for me. Gives me hope that I can go home one day to legal weed. Until then Colorado rocks haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app