Hows Colorado/Washington doing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ruger420, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Congrats to the voters of Washington state. I would consider moving there if the weather was better.

2. In a new attack by the prohibitionists, they are attempting to pass a bill which will declare children who live in a home where pot is grown or consumed to be 'endangered by drugs'. This would allow them to take your kids away, even if you follow the state laws. Really hope this one gets killed fast.

3. [quote name='"iamned"']In a new attack by the prohibitionists, they are attempting to pass a bill which will declare children who live in a home where pot is grown or consumed to be 'endangered by drugs'. This would allow them to take your kids away, even if you follow the state laws. Really hope this one gets killed fast.[/quote]

This is one of the dumbest things ever. Why do they want to take kids away from there loving caring parents and put them into foster homes where no one gives a shit about them, I will never understand.

4. Obviously us crazy drug addicts are going to hurt them. This bill is actually worded specifically at schedule I and II drugs. So if we can get it removed from the controlled substance list, then this isn't a problem.

5. Meanwhile Millions of children live in households where parents keep loaded guns easily within reach, or worse yet as in the recent case of the 5 year old killing his 2 yr old sister with a rifle the parents bought him. The laws of this country are sooo F'd up.

6. This country has had very little legitimate experience with pot. Until more ppl see pot as something neutral they will continue to fear its presence. In my career i never saw a few plants in a grow room next to a nice house while the kids play in a treehouse out back. The plants were always next to a baby crib and the trailer was disgusting. The kids were covered in dirt, grime, scabs, and flea bites. There were always rabid and scarred up looking pit bulls running around the house with ten lb weights tied to their necks.
    It will take time for the average john q. To get to seeing that pot is much moe than what low life drug dealers portray it to be. In a few years they will see that hard working ppl partake and they raise healthy families. Until there is a more positive record forbpot production; laws like this will always be thrown at congress.

7. Not sure what your career was, but I suspect that the reason all of the grows you saw were like this is because those are the people stupid enough to get caught. The conditions of the kids and house would have been like that regardless of the presence of some plants. Don't get me wrong, kids deserve a chance, and they will not get that with a junkie for a mom. But we all know cannabis doesn't make junkies. Or neglectful parents.

8. I was a cop. I dont mean that mj causes neglect but what i am saying is that ppl like u who grow and smoke resonsibly outside of the public eye and the eye of the law are never seen or heard of because they are what? Thats right. Responsible. So the only experience cops and the uninfluenced public has is with shitbags who sell nickels and dimes to any tom dick and crackhead that trolls through the trailerpark drawing undue attention to themselves and when one of their lil baggie junkies get caught for a simple, they snitch on the stupid baby nursery grower who would have neglected his kids regardless of the pot but was an easy scape goat for politicians to say that it was the drugs that caused the neglect when the parents were just shitbags to start with. Its a catch 22. Good pot producers cant be seen for fear of prison but the shitbags keep getting caught so which side of th coin is always visible? The shitbag who grew dope next to his kids crib. Pot doesnt make shitbags. They r born. But shitbags with pot get caught(cool rhyme huh?) and they make the front page. I want to see the day when a pot garden actually makes the gardening section of the sunday paper but it aint gonna happen as long as on the opposite page there is a story of a dogfighting ring being uncovered filled with cocaine and pot where thugs and rejects run out the back. Its a game bro and as long as good tokers face jail time, and the shitbags dont care about jail time, it is rare to see what good it can do cuz only shitbags r know to toke when u and i know docs, lawyers, and cops who do it daily. Btw i am no longer a cop and never partook while a cop. I didnt mess with legit patients because i nvr saw them. Only the primo smoking thugs after committing a crime.

9. Oh yea, recognize the name from earlier. We actually are getting the occasional cannabis garden news story out here in CO, and it's pretty strange to see. Another thing I find odd is to see marijuana news stories in the 'business' and 'politics' section, instead of 'crime'.

I think one of the reasons A64 passed is because the people behind the legalization movement were successful in redefining the public's view on who is a pot user. They got some great 'clean' celebrities to come out in support of the measure, and I think have all but destroyed the stereotype that only scumbags smoke.

10. I've read that traffic incidents have gone down

11. Thugs playin "shooot'em up" at 420 celebrations dont help.

12. Central and Eastern Washington have very different climates than Western Washington. I am enjoying my 75 and sunshine looking for a high in the mid 80's today. Happy toking and hoping everyone has legal weed soon:smoke:.

13. yes burntwood, I have researched Washington state very intensly. It remains at the top of my preferred list as the state I want to move to once I am off probation. The short summers and long winters east of the Mountians are scaring me a little. I also like Oregon but I don't suppose the weather is much different there.

14. I have heard how wet Washington is and I always know when its gonna rain from a serious increase in my pain. The legal pot for pain would be awesome but I would be afraid the wet climate would double my trouble.

15. i thought that colorado and washington state legalised buds with out the stupid ''medical'' caveat.....so i believe they have stepped way out ahead of california,is this not true?..ive lived in all three of these states from the 1980s through early 2000's and id say with out a doubt the people of colorado are the most marijuana tolerant,thats not reallly the right word as i know in northern cali ,is probably more steeped in mj culture than maybe anywere in the world ....but alot of people down south are really right wing etc....im not even sure what my point is,i guess my experience is california has nothing to do with what happened in colorado and washington...thats down to the people of those states ...saying,enough!...ok...peace out to u and all who se this................chortle

16. the weather in washington is awsome ,western or eastern,seattle is one of the most beautiful,cosmopolitan cities for a small city....dont believe the bs about the weather....and also denver has over 300 sunny days a year,their climate is awsome...

17. That 'cali has the final say' ..lmao not very smart to say. While yall aha e great bud, it is t the be all,end all. You have more and dispensaries getting raided, and the mmj recommendation is becoming too damn easy for ppl to game the system that other states getting mmj will have a tight as fuck regulation so they can NOT become Cali.

CO seems to be moving in the right direction, WA is fucking up with no growing, but they seemed to be going in the right direction with getting the LEO to back off..(atleast Seattle area).

18. The legal sale of marijuana is going to be like the berlin wall coming down.

Once you can walk into a store, buy marijuana, and walk out w/o a medical card there's no turning back.

19. It should be an interesting beginning to 2014 for Colorado, from what I understand the medical market represents a small percentage of the actual population and still haven't really met the demands stock wise when talking about supply and demand. I believe they passed vertical integration so it will be October 2014 before they start taking general applications from people that aren't already running a MMJ dispensary. Really interested to see what happens, there will be hiccups but in the end it will all work out I believe.

Also wonder whats the status of the cannabis cup with them adding it to the clean air act.