Hows Colorado/Washington doing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ruger420, Feb 22, 2013.

1. I have been researching them and im looking forward to getting something set up but the only problem I see is that I am not interested at all in all of the extras like the pot concerts and stuff. No offense to those of the stoner generation but I only need the medicine. I just want to go there, try some pot for pain, then determine whether or not it works well enough for me to farm my own or just stick with useless tylenol. I might end up takin a hit or two and become interested in the pot concerts though. Lol.

2. What i have fou d is that the indica is the best for back pain but I have unusual tolerences. I have a high tolerence for opioids(oxy). No less than 15 mg will make the pain stop but I can take upwards of 75mg of hydrocodone and NOTHIN. I fear that i will have to try different strains to narrow it down. Plus i intend on eating the bud butter to keep my kid from knowing about it until she is old enough to understand. Right now all she knows is that drugs r bad cuz ppl like talkin about stuff they have never tried or needed. Can i get seeds there?

3. Didn't you say you were in a red state? 2 warnings...1st...most red states have VERY harsh "manufacturing" <spit> laws. 'Felonies' regardless of your clean prior background. Red state, self-righteous prosecutors could care less about your pain. 2nd..high quality MJ is NOT easy to grow. It takes experience, plenty of equipment, and a good room that is not easy to hide from your daughter. Growing outdoors opens you up to trespassers that although violated your personal right to private property, feel morally obligated to turn you in to authorities. (hence my distaste for red sates)

4. Im fully aware of the consequences. I was a cop for a well over a decade. That is why i want to go and try the meds legally in Colorado before i make the jump to grow it myself. I wish more people who decide to grow marijuana would study their 4th amandment rights. If they know their rights in detail then they will know how to prevent the police from intruding upon them. Although i wouldnt grow in my own home because of my daughter, that is the only reason that i wouldnt. All i should need is two to three plants. That can be done in my attic. No excess wiring would be needed because i have outlets up there already for my ac unit. Water lines can be run from the bathroom and he vents already installed would work perfectly with minimal work for exhaust to keep the house from smelling dirty. I wont be selling so there will be no traffic at my house. I intend on bud butter being my form of ingestion since it apparently gives a full body high which is what i hope it does. Eating it wont let my neighbors smell it and call the cops. I dont do anything illegal so there is no reason for the cops to come by. As long as i keep my mouth shut i have no reason to be bothered by the police. The way the people get caught(especially dealers and growers) is not through good police work but instead its because someone the dealer has sold to or who knows whats going on run their mouths to cops because they themselves got busted with a dime and the narc cops threaten them with twenty years in prison, a huge fine, and they will take their kids away if they dont squeal so then they snitch. If u want to toke and grow u have got to keep it your business. Dont draw attention to urself by having people in and out all day. Dont ride around with 420 stickers all over ur car, and dont smoke in a public or in a car. That draws attention. Grow it, smoke it, but do it out of site and out of mind cuz anyone who knows will benefit from snitching on u. The DEA pays $50-100 bucks for each drug deal that someone gives them. What kind of bullsh₩Â¥is that? They take money in return for someone's freedom?
    (sigh)
    If anyone is going to attack me for being an ex cop, just go ahead and get it out of ur system. If u have any questions about why cops do what they do, go ahead and ask i will do my best to answer them. I have ALWAYS been a mj legalization advocate. I got in trouble for thos views one when i said openly "when i retire and someone wants to know what im doin? They can safely bet that im fishin and smokin pot cuz im gonna smoke the hell out of it when i am no longer a cop." Almost got fired but the truth is the truth.

5. That's the way these drugs (including morphine) work...if you're in pain, the drugs work on that first, IF the pain is gone then you get high....part of the reason cancer patients can take so much morphine.....

part of the reason that you can take so much more hydrocodone than OxyContin, is because OxyContin is pure ...hydrocodone is about 10 -15% Oxy mixed with 85-90% tylenol .....

6. I sure wish u could tell my doc that. She is arbitrarily changing the meds that work and reducing them intermittently until i am narc free with the ludicrous idea that i will be pain free? I understand ppl abuse them but damnit i havent done anything wrong. I dont get high, i only get to live a functional life so eff it! I will just refer to Genesis 1:11 and call it a day. I only pray that pot works to the point i can work full time doing semi hard work and not be foaming at the mouth from being overly baked. I only want relief. No high......?????? Even though a nice lifting effect might help with my ADD and OCPD.

7. I'm a chronic pain patient. I can relate.
    There are strains that will help you with your chronic pain. You said you never tried marijuana. If that is the case, chances are it will help your drastically. I find for me I was a heavy tolerant marijuana user before I became a chronic pain patient and it is a bit harder for me to get relief from marijuana. I sometimes have to resort to my heavy duty pain medication. I am in a much better place smoking (and growing) medical marijuana then I would be with out. Instead of loosing weight marijuana allows me to keep it steady and sometimes gain a few lbs. It helps me sleep and allows me to only use my medication when really needed.
    If i follow you correctly you are in colorado? I'm sure you can find a medical dr and get a rec. If you were in my state I would help you out. But, you being in another state the law prevents me from doing that. I can suggest strains and other forms of medication. You need a high CBD strain.

Using marijuana to help fight your pain can help you ween off the opioid medications. You will find when used in conjunction with your pain meds you will have a great level of analgesia. It somewhat potentiates the relief. You will most likely find your self using less and less of your pain meds while medicating with cannabinoids.

Good luck and be careful welding on your medication and marijuana. I can't say I recommend that.

8. That is not really how pain medications work. The reason cancer patients can take so much medication is they work up a tolerance to it. Being on all the fentanyl (100 x more potent then morphine) and other potent opioids make them build a tolerance much faster then most people.
    That is not the reason why. They APAP has nothing to do with him being able to use more hydrocodone then oxycodone. The only thing tylenol does in "vicodin" is aid with swelling in most injurys and potentiates analgesia. If anything the APAP prevents people from taking as much due to liver damage and tylenol OD.
    Oxycodone can have tylenol in it as well.. it's called percocet. It can also come in IR and ER forms with out APAP.
    Oxycodone is more potent then hydrocodone and has a slightly higher oral BA.
    It is about .5-2 x more potent then hydrocodone.

9. I do not have a physical nor a mental addiction to opioids. I stop taking them cold turkey without wd all the time. The only change is the pain comes back. I pray i can completely do away with the prescription junk im on and go natural so i can determine when and if i need medicine vs waiting for a doc to over prescribe to a junky then arbitrarily change my meds cuz she might be in trouble. I have taken the same dose of 15 mg of oxy for four years daily with no tolerence other than not getting high. It consistently aleviates the pain and very effectively. I have no tolerence. That is why my doc allowed me to take 90mg a day and still carry a gun for a living. I dont live in colorado. Thats why i want to go there to try legal bud before i decide to break the barbaric laws of my state and grow MY medicine where no one is the wiser. I just need relief without a bs doc changing what works when i have done nothing at all wrong. Plus i am so sick of going to doctors for mental issues as i have ADD and OCPD but they only care about what meds im on. I have had a skin disorder for two years now but no doc will treat it after they learn that i am a chronic pain patient who takes narcs. I just want to be in control of feeling better instead of having to fear med changes each month or three months that will drastically change what i can do physically and bancrupt me because my business requires me to be medicated. Without them im screwed. Thanks so much for your replies guys.

10. ^ I find that odd. When you take opioid medication daily you become physically dependent on opiates. There is a big difference between dependent and addicted. If you took 15 mg a day for a year you would suffer very minor withdrawals. If you take 15 mg multiple times a day for a year you will most definitely feel the wrath of opiate withdrawals although not that bad. If you are taking 90 mg a day, don't kid yourself. You will absolutly feel physical and mental withdrawal. But, this is not the point
    More importantly where do you currently live? Why won't the doctors treat you for your other conditions. I understand doctors always judging people on pain medications. I am pretty young and have a serious stomach condition that the pain is treated by multiple heavy narcotic medications. Especially, being young and on these medications I have witnessed and experienced the "judging" some doctors and health care "professionals" do. It is not right and they should never of got into the business of helping people. If these people can only experience what a chronic pain patient experiences daily, even for 10 min, their opinions would change forever.
    I highly suggest you finding new health care professionals if they treat you poorly. There are MANY doctors out there who treat all patients with respect and don't judge. After all they did go to school and got into the practice of helping others.

I fully understand what you go through fearing a medication change each month. It is stressful and many people will not understand what Chronic pain patients experience. It is no way to live a life. But, without it we would be fucked.

Send me a pm if you want to discuss medical marijuana and what strains work for me and my pain.
    If your serious about moving to a medical state there are obviously other medical marijuana states other than Colorado. I personally would move elsewhere but, that is me. Northern California has lot's of medicine and it's dirt cheap. That would be a big factor for me if moving for medical marijuana with a serious condition. I know of many northern california farmers who help patients like you. They provide medicine for free/as cheap as they can.

11. I would love to try another doc and i will soon but i am in transition from being discharged from the national guard which means i have to use military treatment facilities or the VA so my options r limited. Once i am medically retired i will have a broader range of options. Also until i get my orders i have to hold off on thc experimentation as if i am caught hot on a test i will lose all of my health care coverage.
    As far as the withdrawals i recently went from 90 mg oxy to 30 of percs and 60 on ms. I didnt take the ms for the first couple of days and all i noticed was the pain came back. No body aches just back pain. I just handle narcs differently although i have only gone through dependence withdrawals on one med and that was tramadol. That little bastard came out of no where since i was told it was nonnarc since at the time i would not take narcs.

12. I just sent you a lengthy reply to your pm. As for the withdrawals... I assume the 90 mg a day oxycodone (80 mg and a 10mg?) was oxycontin not IR. Then you got switched to 30 mg IR oxycodone a day and 60 mg Morphine Sulfate. Those first couple days without the morphine sulfate you only got higher levels of pain. But, you were on the 30 mg IR correct? If so you were giving your body enough oxycodone to starve off the withdrawals. If you were to not take any of that for a few days you would go into pretty heavy withdrawals. I'm not trying to scare you. Instead give you the reality of the matter. You can't hide from becoming physically dependent on opiates. But, don't rush to get off it. It helps your pain. As you figure out other treatments you will ween yourself properly.

You need much better doctors if they treat you this way.

13. When my doc started talking about weening for no good reason i assumed she just wanted to reduce my meds but as a precaution i asked what the goal was and she said " for u to be doing the same things ur doing now with the same functionality with no pain while taking NO narcotics." Is she out of he friggin mind? Over the course of six years with the first four relying on intermittent and infrequent use of narcotics and every other non narcotic med there is like neurontin, voltarin gel, amitriptylene, soma, flexaril, fiorecet, mobic, celebrex, nortriptylene, zanaflex plus three stints of pt, chiropractic care, facet injections, tenz units, 13 mri's, 4 neurosurgeons, two pain management docs(that are fudging worthless btw) mental evals, and deep high power massage vibrators before she thought i was hurting bad enough to use narcotics as a continued daily therapy as the only effective tool that would allow me to be pain free and have a 90% functionality vs the 30% before but now she arbitrarily wants to remove the only decent relief i have and its bullshit. I believe that for her to do this constitutes cruel and inhumane treatment as she might as well take a healthy person and have them drawn and quartered for it is the same thing.
    My fear is this: as long as she is weening me and i have the narcs i will take them. I cannot reduce their use while having them since it is the same as being told to put your hand on a hot stove but u can move it if u need to as when i need pain relief. Im 30 stinking years old and have been crippled since i was 24 because an old lady couldnt see a story and a half tall military truck coming at her so she pulls out anyway. I am going to make arrangements for a forced cold turkey detox. I know u r not trying to scare me but now i fear the prolonged lack of meds for i have yet to experience wd's but apparently i have not done without them long enough to be sure that i wont experience them. I know that the pain will be excruciating again as it is now while weening(not from wd's but from the pure pain) but i want my life back. My pain will cost me my business for now but i am in school to become an attorney so i will be able to have a career and the military is retiring me out so i have a decent income but i have a four year old that asks her daddy every day before she asks him to play "are u hurtin dadda" and without the meds i cannot play with her without knowing her dadda is in terrible pain. When i do finish my law degree the first and main goal of my career is to make sure mj is legal for medical and recreational use for in ten years of being a cop, other than arresting violent cocaine dealers who supplement with mj and idiots baking themselves into a cloudy haze and driving, those who smoked pot were never and i mean NEVER a problem. I once had a guy under me who was on probation who suffered from schitzophrenia and was forced to stop smoking pot while on probation and it ruined his life because retarded doctors burned him out on psychotropic drugs that didnt work when all he needed was a hit from a bong and he was functional. Btw he was on probation for passing a $40 bad check. Sorry for the rant but this is my life we as well as other chronic pain sufferers we are talking about and because too many fat cats and ignorant polititcians are holding such a powerful and golden remedy for thousands of medical conditions such as mine and yours hostage because they think it is the gateway drug when in a way it is. Only because it is continued to be illegal thus forcing tokers to venture into the rough parts of town to buy pot where coke, meth, and other garbage is sold and r introduced to when all they would need do is stop by the dispensary right next door to the liquor store and get a bong or brownie and fo home to make their lives better. Here i am venting about this when i have never tried it.lol.

14. Brotha, take a deep breath. Do not go into forced cold turkey detox. That is the absolute dumbest and irresponsible thing you can do. Your a chronic pain patient. If you want to get your self off of the medication you need to do a quick taper. If that won't work for you a really fast suboxone treatment. You will seriously be in a world of hurt if you do it cold turkey. Forget the withdrawals... you think your pains bad now? You don't even want to know what your pain levels will be while stopping your meds.

I feel you being 24 and getting your injury. Mine happened in my early 20's as well and all started after an emergency surgery. Who knows what happened during that surgery. But, I was never the same again. A whole world of problems opened up after that.

Can I ask why you want to stop taking your medication if it is the only way you can function in society? Your not abusing them. You need them for pain. I couldn't get out of bed some days with out my medication. Needing to roll out of bed and crawl not walk to the bathroom. It is no way for anyone to live. But, I understand first hand how these medications can be a life saver. I also first handed know the up's and down's of being on these medications. How some doctors and so called health care professionals treat pain patients. Some truly are amazing and put the patient first. Others probably became a doctor through online medical school and couldnt help a patient if their life depended on it.

I suggest finding a new doctor. One who maybe specializes or knows a bunch of about your condition. Hang in there it will get better.

15. I dont want to stop taking the meds that work so well but my doc is weening me because according to her research the people who take these meds look to be 15 years older than what they really are. I told her that is because chronic pain and stress causes premature aging but i call bullshit on that excuse because i think that she must have over prescribed to others and she is cutting everyone off including those who did nothing wrong. I checked with another doc at the VA to see if he might want to treat me but he said he would ween me as well and even if he didnt it would be three months at least before he would prescribe me even a fourth of what i am on now which means i will have to ween off. Then maybe work my way back up to good pain relief in a year or so but what happens when the new doc is dealing with increased federal regulations that r making it hard on him to prescribe objectively short term pain meds for long term subjective pain and he starts fucking with my doses all over again? I want to be in control and right now i am not. I just want to be done with the narcs i have no control over and settle on the herb that i do have some say so over. But i dunno yet if it will work.

16. Welcome to America my friend. The shining city on a hill is dysfunctional. I promise you most senators, congressmen, lawyers, doctors, many judges all have access to marijuana. The shady bastards think we are scum, bottom feeders that do not deserve a happy life. Look at most drug laws...they penalize a person for trying to be what...HAPPY! I am on probation for growing my own smoke..I got 4 yrs of misery. I can't get a good job, can't smoke, can't drink, I am suprized they still let me fuck. I will move from this Red state hell the day they let me off probation and move to a MJ friendly state to begin my life again...as a HAPPY person.

17. Brotherrob. I see u got four years on paper but are u able to pay ur fines and restitution off so u can get off paper early? Get a lawyer if u can afford it and get out frm under a PO. Probation is all about money brother. Its not about u being a better person its just so that they can keep u under threat of prison til they get their extortion money. Good luck.

18. That's absurd. You need to place a few calls into doctors. Make an appointment to get established. At your appointment as your new doctor if they will manage your medications and prescriptions. Most likely they will say absolutely and ask to see the bottles of your medication. Most doctors won't have a problem continuing a treatment plan that is already started and working. Your the patient, remember your the one paying the doctor. They work for you... If you don't like something, say something. If they say they want to ween you down, and you say you don't feel comfortable changing something that really works wonders for you they should be ok with that.
    Good luck and I got your pm. That is great your starting the grow!

19. I would NEVER hit up these free places here. SO many of them are getting in serious trouble for violating A64 prior to retail shops opening. DOn't want to go down in flames with them.

20. The guys dealing before it is legal are causing what freedoms that r coming to be taken back. The shooting on 4/20, the continuous dealing; it all will do nothing but blacken the eye of those who toke without beaking any real laws. Once it is legal it will piss off a bunch of low life DRUG dealers(ones who sell whatever to whoever). But the violence will stop and people will be HAPPY. I am goin with Socaltoker on this one and wont bother with going to Co cuz it sounds like i will be breaking the law tjere just like here so at least i have a home court advantage.