How your parents reacted

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenbliss, Jul 30, 2009.

1. I was wondering what everyone out their in GC land have happen to them when their parents FIRST found out that you smoked weed.

Mine were passive agressive, they never even told me they found out, and I only knew they did from asking my uncle, who knew they knew.

He said they were doing that because they thought the best course of action was to not push back and deal with a fight.

If your parents still dont know, what do you think it will be like?

2. My mom dont know i smoke i tend to smoke when ever shes a work or when im not around, i aso tend to keep a low profile about my smoking.
    If my mom found out i was a stoner i garentee she would kick me out of the house.

3. They found out while I was out of my mind tripping on ambien. And I told them about weed and about shrooms and e. And then they told me their stories...

4. I felt the same way. I think most people are like "my parents are gonna be soooo mad" but it rarely ever is that way, even when you are COMPLETELY sure about it, You are their flesh and blood and they know that.

Also, you cant be sure, I kept a low profile too and only smoked when they weren't around, but I left a lighter in my pocket one day. You will make a mistake some day.

5. my mom didnt kno for the longest and i used 2 blaze boxes of swishers n r backyard when she would leave...lol

but she found a lil sack of reggie before..she threw it away and i had to confess but i had already moved out so im goood...

P.S...never told her abt the E,Shrooms,Bars,Tabs,etc.....lol

6. my mother said something like it was bad for me and of course illegal, then gave my weed (that i had accidently left out on the bench lol) back to me

7. dad wouldnt care too much, im 18 and its my life so, mom would probably very much not like it

8. dad didnt say anything 2 me at first. then he said that all his friends did it and he says its fine but he better not catch me smokin ciggs. and then a few days later he said i could grow some plants for my self. i have a chill dad

9. took me from the age of 15 ta 20 for mt grandparents to get over the fact that im a weed head. my mother is a weed head just like me and my dad idk jack shit about that motherfucker.

10. my moms reaction

"you better share son!"

i love my mom :smoking:

11. sounds like my mom but if ur in a smoking session with her and u don't tell her to pass it she will keep smoking till its gone. she is a magician

12. exactly like my sister:p

13. My dad told me not to do it again, then he left the room and it was never mentioned again.

The second time, my dad told me not to do it again, then he left the room and it was never mentioned again.

Now my parents and I are to a tacit "don't ask don't tell" relationship about weed. Of course, it really helps that I live an hour away from them now.

14. Lmfao my mom is so dum she doesnt know your eyes get red on weed so one day i was smoking weed come home and i got red ass eyes and my moms like i Know you have been smoking weed and your allergic your eyes are all red

15. Well, one of my friend's claims that my dad knows and doesn't care. I was in the car with him one day (my friend) and he said "Next time you go to a party tell your dad your going to be smoking pot and he wouldn't care, he told me he knows and doesn't mind." Keep in mind that this friend is very anti-drug probably due to the fact that his mom was a huge druggie and has to live in some drug rehab home type thing for the rest of her life. So me and him don't really talk about my pot smoking. He's very weird about even breathing in second hand smoke so I think that he might just be saying that because he wants my dad to find out (Assuming he doesn't already know) and "save me" from the dreaded cannabis plant. Whatever, me and my parents don't talk about it, they probably don't even know.

16. my mom tolerates it, my stepdad hates that I smoke weed, fuck that dude tho

17. My mom is cool with it. She told me all her stories back from when she first smoked... I tell her whenever i smoke because i know sometimes she might want to join in.. still waiting for that because i think it will be a great bonding experience(cheesy but having a parent who is cool but still acts like a parents really helps your relationship with them) My dad doesn't know and it;s easy to hide from him because my parents are separated (in the process). My mom just doesn't want it affecting college and seeing as i made deans list last semester and admiting to her i smoked everyday that semester she can;t say shit even if she wanted to. It;s nice to have a safe place to blaze up.

18. I just told my mom a few weeks ago. She has only smoked once when she was like 18 and she hated it and never did it again... this was good for me because she was neutral about the whole idea of weed. She told me she doesnt know much about it but that smoking weed makes you a loser. I then told her about all my friends parents who smoke and live normal lives and no one would suspect otherwise. She was very surprised and I went on to tell her that I am responsible and keep my priorities straight (work,school etc.) She was cool about everything, just told me not to tell my dad (even though I am sure he already knows)

Its funny though, now everytime I come home from my friends house she is always looking at my eyes and smells me when I give her a hug and then gives me the "I know" kinda look. :smoking:

It's too bad she refused to smoke with me because of her job.

19. I come from a really strict family so i thought my parents were gonna shoot me when they found out. But that wasnt the case. My dad found my stash one day going through my bag before i left for a camping trip casue he was looking for something. He casually sat down, asked whats up, how much i smoke, what i get out of it and he asked me to stop. I said that ill prob never stop and that hell just have to get used to it. (Took lots of balls at the time cause i was shitting my pants!) But i didnt wanna lie and end up in the same situation again in the future and it ended up being more beneficial then i ever thought it would. All he told me was not to tell my mom cause that would hurt her, but recently we were watching the news and there was a drug bust and my mom brought up weed. I casually told her that i have a smoke here and there and she asked me the same questions my dad did and i said that i most likely wont quit it but i know how to use it responsibly and they shouldnt worry. That was the complete opposite reaction i thought i was gonna get!:D

20. I told my dad I smoked, and he told me to try shrooms.
    He's totally cool with it, I tell him I'm going out to my treehouse for a little while and we both know I'm going to smoke a bowl. My little sister and I toke up all the time. :smoke: