How your diet can affect your high

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by CurtChronic, Apr 30, 2011.

1. In February I started a diet, and I have since lost 50lbs. I have plenty of weight to lose, but it's also about just generally wanting to live a healthier lifestyle. On top of eating healthier, I have recently started to include such supplements as Cayenne fruit pills, cinnamon pills, Vitamin D3 (as well as the occasional multi-vitamin) and lecithin.

The interesting thing about that is, many of those things affect many aspects of your health; including cognitive health, heart and cardiovascular health as well as helping with moods and such. That all being said, I've noticed myself feeling like it's easier to get higher, and that the ceiling for that high seems to have increased. In other words, I feel higher and for a longer period of time.

Then I noticed this today: Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors

I'd say it's definitely pretty interesting, to say the least.

2. I've been wanting to get healthier for a long time but I'm always too lazy. I didn't read the link yet, but your post basically just motivated me to stop being lazy. I'm gonna go build a healthy meal plan now, and it's all thanks to your post!!

3. That's great news, man. It's not been easy but, I will say, after the first couple weeks it gets easier. The biggest change is getting used to a different meal routine and not eating your comfort foods the way you used to (but I have found I can still eat a lot of foods I liked before, but they can be made using healthier ingredients), and portion sizes are another thing. But after a while your stomach begins to shrink and you notice you get full faster. Another thing is to remember to include fiber and protein in your diet to help curb cravings.

I am eating about 1200 calories per day right now. Once I get to my target weight I should be able to increase my caloric intake to maintain my weight.

4. this is so true. i was in your position a couple of year ago. i had to lose a lotta of weight and after becoming more healthy i realized im getting higher too hahahah its all about keeping your body clean and healthy

5. Makes since that your getting higher after losing all that weight. Maybe the THC cant build up as much in those fatty cells that you no longer have 50 lbs extra of.

On the other hand when it comes to eating and your diet, you should always fill up on food first, then medicate. Dont ever do it the other way, your just being a n00b toker and wasting your high by eating it all away.

6. Props on the successful diet sir!!! this is great to hear and might even convince 1 or 2 of m more sedentary/chunkier stonerbros to trim up.

+rep

7. yeah right now i weigh 527 pounds. i've been trying to lose weight without surgery. i lost like 35 pounds or some shit so far, it's hard. but i think eating healthier helps with the high.

8. there has never been a better reason to get healthy . so i can be higher than i usually am. i'll tell myself that when i work out

9. I don't know that there is a clearly defined relationship between weight and the effects of cannabis...at least not as significant as the relationship between weight and alcohol consumption. The metabolites in fat cells have nothing to do with tolerance.

Well, I used to smoke before I ate and I don't see it as a waste at all. It makes food taste so much better...I think you are robbing yourself of some great experiences by not eating after smoking. That being said, I try not to smoke on an empty stomach anymore as I fear the munchies will cause me to over-indulge.

10. I'm 140 pounds 5'6 and I'm going on a diet now, a while ago I was 120 pounds, I'm starting to let myself go and thats a very bad thing. I'm going to start easy by giving up soda... its not that great to begin with and its nothing but empty calories:)

11. is astonishing how many calories you'll save by not drinking soda. I really enjoy cold, bubbly, fruit drinks. So I mix V8 fruit/veg juice half n half with diet tonic water, sooo good especially once you figure out which flavors work best and what you like best.

12. I will still drink the occasional diet pop as it has no calories, sugar or carbs.

5'6'' and 140lbs is a healthy weight.

13. i think it also contributes to the fact that youve lost 50 lbs thc is stored in fat cells so when u loose your fat your getting more thc out of your system along with the fact that your just smaller now so it should take less in general

14. Well... I'm a chunkier chap, not fat, but have some extra poundage, and this has motivated me to lose some extra pounds... thank you sir. I would +rep if I wasn't on my phone.

15. THC isn't stored in the fat cells, THC metabolites are, however. That doesn't contribute to tolerance in any way.

16. Glad I could be a part of it for you! :smoke:

17. God, I hate it when they move threads. Not only will this thread get significantly lower views, but it was more about how your high is affected than it is about general health and nutrition.

18. like i stated before i weigh 527 pounds. lately i've been eating a lot more healthy and been trying to get some exercise and i feel amazing when i get high. it feels cleaner and lighter like a cloud (besides from that fact i look like a cloud).

19. yeah but all my weight accumilates on my upper body. no booty pot belly lmao
    doing some ab exercises to help take care of this

20. wow thats pretty awesome

it appears to be only being omega 3 defficient will afect your cannanoid receptors

good thing i started taking fish oil