Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How young is too young to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankyDan, May 6, 2011.

1. #61 Habbi, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    Look man i started smoking at twelve on a daily basis and chilled with 15-19 year olds. As long as he wont snitch you out give it a shot, when me and my sister started smoking together we were like bestfriends. I also was on anti-depressents at twelve.

2. don't see a single study referring to anyone under the age of 17, maybe point it out for me

3. HEY!!! I'm 18 and my voice still hasn't broken. I sound like in 14 but act like im 23.

4. 16 is when I started, I think anything below, then they're bound to be future fuck ups (not all of them)

5. I dont think anyone should be smoking until they are at least 18. I know I would not agree with my kids smoking when they were 13 thats for sure!!

6. #66 CuZ, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah dawg , it just sounds right.

7. Damn, got a ton of good responses. I couldn't even get my hands on some bud tonight and his friends came over tonight rather than tomorrow night. Can't say I'm upset either after gaining a bit of insight from you guys. BTW the people who's main thing is whether or not he's mature enough to not get attached or rat me out, he's known about my smoking for a fucking long ass time and even during some of the worst times where he probably hates my guts he has never even threatened to rat me out. I think I'll smoke him out the next time it's just me and him in the house and he doesn't have to worry about any crazy shit happening.

8. although i had a few hits in middle school and a few more in high school, i'd say after graduation. but thats just me being a mentor. Smoking in high school was hilarious.

9. 16+ all day.

10. I liked your post only b/c of your sig :D :laughing:

11. It all depends on how mature he is in my opinion. If he is doing good in school and can handle himself I think it's okay but if he isn't responsible enough to take care of priorities I would say he needs to wait.

12. #72 CuZ, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sorry, nope, your not allowed to smoke

13. While there are few side effects from marijuana young use should be avoided. It alters the brain development and has been shown numerous times to increase the likely hood of attention deficit disorders and if he is already on depressants it should even more so be avoided.. Odds are he won't listen.. Nothing you can really do, but if you are interested in what it can do...

Google --> Google Scholar --> "adolescent marijuana use"

Try different searches too, but there are tons of articles.

14. I started beginning of my sophomore year in highschool and I thoughtthat was a good time to start

15. I started when I was 10. I was smoking everyday when I was 12 and my parents were super duper anti weed, and I never got caught. In my opinion, freshman year is ideal. But there was no way I could've waited until 9th grade.

OP, I think you should smoke with him, but help him out so he doesn't get caught, ripped off, and try to make sure he doesn't have weed at school.

16. 32 1/3

All under that are too young to smoke in my honest opinion. :)

I started at 17, I was far too young.

17. I think your old enough to smoke when you are able to understand cannabis and use it properly without it becoming your life. weather it be at 13 or 30.

18. As a general rule, and my opinion I'd probably say anyone under 16 would be too young in my eyes. People need to develop a personality and their specifics beforehand, in my opinion.

19. Wait until his 17th birthday or something...

20. Tell him that for his next birthday/christmas you'll smoke with him, if he still really wants to. Also explain to him that if he smokes before then, there will be some consequence. That way he won't do it and be stupid.