Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How you take a hit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Starless Winter, Sep 22, 2011.

1. #1 Starless Winter, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    Hello new here, wanted to ask for a while a group of smokers how they smoke.

First, you inhale it in your mouth and then pass it down to your lungs or do you pass it straight down to your lungs with air?

Second, you take 1-3 deep big puffs or you take many smalls ones until you run out of lung space ^^?

Third, what do you think is the most efficient way to inhale it in order to get the most out of it?

Fourth, how long you keep it in you lungs before releasing it.

Ps:Sorry if wrong category or already existing thread.
    Ps2: Not necessarily talking about splits/joints/bluts.

2. Bong:
    Rip it and once is milk let out the fresh air i got out through my nose and i just take it all and hold it in 5-10 secs

3. I inhale normally and then after I take my hit just inhale oxygen which pushes all the smoke down into my lungs.

Normally I just choose to just take one hit.

The most efficient ways are as follows;

Vaporizers
    Bongs
    Pipes
    Blunts
    Joints

P.S. All marijuana questions belong in Apprentice Tokers, just a heads up.

4. Added another question and changed the third one because i meant the method of inhaling it not the way to smoke it.

5. #5 OpenThirdEye, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    First, you inhale it in your mouth and then pass it down to your lungs or do you pass it straight down to your lungs with air?

With joints and blunts I tend to let it cool in my mouth for a short time, but with bongs and other glass pieces I usually just take the smoke straight to the lungs.

Second, you take 1-3 deep big puffs or you take many smalls ones until you run out of lung space ^^?

This depends on how I'm feeling and how harsh the bud is on the throat/lungs. Taking big hits will get you blasted more quickly, but when you take small hits it conserves the bud more. You also don't blow out as much smoke when you take smaller sized hits. Someone I toke with regularly brought this up to me when I would take humongous rips all the time. He said, "All that smoke you blow out is smoke that isn't going into your lungs." This is a valid point, but I still like taking big tokes so I do em anyway. But usually I take medium sized hits and make sure to inhale them.

Third, what do you think is the most efficient way to inhale it in order to get the most out of it?

The MOST efficient way would be to do a Ghost Hit. Has the ability to get you Super Fucking High :D... I do these when I'm low on bud. This means you inhale all the smoke so that when you open your mouth again no smoke at all leaks out. It all goes Down the Hatch. Some advice to make sure you've inhaled it is to, while the smoke is still in you, breathe in oxygen with your mouth and then with your nose. Inhale oxygen deeply even while the smoke hasn't been blown out yet. I once toked with a hardcore guy who sparked vast amounts of bud every hit (he'd pack bowls with .7-1.5 g), thoroughly torch the bowl, pull on the bong with the power of someone giving CPR (except breathing in instead of exhaling big breaths), wait til ALL the bud burned or snapped through the bowl, pull the slider and do a ghost inhale (every single time) while he held his nose so no smoke blew out. He would spasm and suppress violent coughs while he was inhaling and holding his nose. He NEVER blew out any smoke though and didn't cough much. He could do a lot of these types of hits, he was into blazing quarter ounces in one sitting to himself. Chill dude to smoke with AND amazing lungs- true stoner.

Fourth, how long you keep it in you lungs before releasing it.

It depends on how high I wanna get and how harsh the herb is. I usually inhale and hold it in for at least 4 seconds. Usually closer to 8 seconds though, to be exact. If you hold a decent sized hit in for too long you will probably cough your ass off (unless you have Iron Lungs), but coughing still gets you high as fuck. Sometimes I like the quote, "If you ain't chokin, you ain't tokin!" I love being sober, COMPLETELY inhaling a monster hit I shouldn't have taken, coughing my BALLS off for an extended period of time (while people worriedly tell me to calm the fuck down or ask if I'm gonna vomit), and then wake up in a whole new, better, different world when the coughing comes to a cease. If I don't want to cough though, I take hits accordingly. Every stoner knows their limits meaning they know how much weed they can handle without getting sketched and can gauge (estimate) sizes of tokes they can take without coughing much.

BTW, you posted this thread in Seasoned Tokers. No bad vibes intended and I'm not a mod.... But this seems like an Apprentice Toker question unless you are simply an experienced toker taking a survey.

6. I have been smoking quite a while but i don't think my level really matters, if it is an apprentice question no problem just move it there. I actually want to know what it the best way to inhale it when hard times come by, i always change my method of inhaling but i always keep it in for as long as i can.

7. what is your definition of "quite a while"?

8. See I am glad he posted this here cause you gave him a serious answer, if he posted this in apt he would have prolly got flammed.

9. Thank you. And that sucks that there are assholes on there who like to flame people cuz they're "better potheads"- RIDICULOUS. Everyone starts somewhere, weed is no different. If something someone says on a message board irks me I will just ignore it, unless it is false knowledge or I find it offensive. Even if it's offensive I would probably just ignore it cuz people should have the freedom to say what they want. What's the use in giving off bad vibes, especially to someone trying to smoke herb?

10. I totally know what you mean man, I am glad you understand good quality.

11. 4 years

12. [​IMG]

13. Nononono! Ghosts are really BAD for you! All you are doing is creating a light-headed feeling from the lack of oxygen going to your brain, sure you may feel 'high' for awhile, but in the end its only doing more harm than good!

You see, it only takes the first few, about 1-3, seconds of inhaling our herb to get nearly 99% of the THC and other Cannabinoids we want into our system. Our lungs are very efficient at taking this stuff in, however! That's ALL it needs!

Once you've inhaled for about 5-7 seconds you start to jack up the amount of tar and carcinogens you get from inhaling burning plant matter. There's no reason to continue holding it in much past this point.

After the 9 second point, your brain has started to get deprived of its oxygen and thus will begin the slow process of cell death. This is also when your light-headed feeling comes into play, no oxygen in brain = light headed and dizzy.

So while a single ghost hit in your life span isn't going to KILL you, if a terrible technique like this becomes regular use, it will certainly do more damage to you than you think you are doing because of the good nature of our fine herb. It's safe to use, but only if you use it responsibly!

Be a good host, Say no to ghosts!

14. i load up the cup with my herbal mixture i light it whilst putting my lips to the bong then inhale till the chambers full (6-7seconds) at the same time as covering the hole at the back of the bong with your thumb then once its full release your thumb and inhale the smoke.

15. It takes 4 minutes of oxygen deprivation to do any brain damage. Quit bullshitting people.

16. but shes right about not getting any higher from ghosting its pointless just more damage for your lungs may aswell blow it out as quick as possible

17. I'm sorry the bullshit I spread may save someone's health, so sorry man...

And if you want to speak bullshit so is your 4 minutes, you see as soon as your lungs run of out oxygen to deliver to the brain they start to deliver CO2 instead, this is what will begin to cause the damage. And guess what, when we are taking a hit our lungs are filled with smoke not oxygen, thus making the process happen even quicker!

18. My pipe burns hot, so I suck some air in around the mouthpiece to mix with the smoke and cool it a bit. I like to chain my hits too- take a hit, exhale, take a hit, exhale, take a hit, exhale, breathe. I guess the extra air in the hits prevents oxygen deprivation so I can do this (it's *much* harder with straight smoke from my friend's cooler-burning pipe).

19. Not true, to get the full hit it takes 4 seconds then you can exhale it out.

20. Joints/Blunts - The same way I smoke my cigs: Suck smoke into mouth, open mouth slightly, deep breath/inhale (makes a 'fshhhh'-sound), keep in lungs as long as I please, exhale fully. Take a normal breath. Rinse and repeat.

Bong - Breath in short and swift, breath out long and thorough. Do this three times. Put mouth to bong, light flame. Inhale deep and kinds slow until smoke hits throat. Pull off bowl and charcoal adaptor. Inhale fast and hard as can do. Take thumb off the carb when there is only smoke in the upper half of the bong. Continue air intake for about 1,5 to 2 seconds after bong is clear. Keep smoke in the lung as long as I please. Exhale slowly. Drink immediately after.