How you installed Carbon filter for small box grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by THZ, Jul 12, 2017.

1. I'm curious too see how some of you mount your carbon filters and fans for small box grows. I'm looking to install outside of the box due to lack of space inside. My box is 31" tall by 2' wide by 2' deep. I only plan to grow 1 plant. Thanks all

2. Its perfectly ok to mount your filter on the outside of the box and have the air being pushed through it vs sucked through it.

As always make sure your filter can handle the output of your fan

• Like Like x 1
  3. So my plan for my 4x2 is to put a hole at the top and bottom of a 5 gallon bucket with the carbon filter inside connected through the lid to the fan and then use the bottom hole to connect ducting to the tent. I am doing it this way so I am able to vent air outside instead of into the room. To make the holes I just heated the collar of the carbon filter then melted right through the bucket. You get a nice tight seal that way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Id love to see pics when done!

5. I'll toss pictures up when I get that tent switched over to the new lights I built for it. Should just look like a bucket sitting on top of the tent with a fan sticking out of the top.

6. Basically finished product. I can put this bucket on top of my 4x2 and still vent the air outside. 20170726_205656.jpg 20170726_205730.jpg