How You Drive And Your Personality

Discussion in 'General' started by Stride420, May 28, 2014.

1. I was watching the 6th Fast and the Furious movie and Vin Diesel says" Show me how you drive and I'll show you who you are." This got me thinking it seems to be true.

How someone drives tells you so much about their personality. For example I've noticed people who get angry for little things while driving tend to be a bit unstable and whatnot.

What do you guys think?

2. I think I agree with you. Aggressive people obviously drive aggressively and people who are more timid, tend to drive slower and cautiously. 

3. #3 Stride420, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    ^^Not just about aggressiveness or violence but also people who slow to change lanes and don't squeeze in to a lane change are usually not confident. Whereas a person who signals and kinda pushes there way in if they need to are more confident people overall and what not.
    And I mean all this while driving safely for both.

4. I'm calm on the outside, but mentally hyper on the inside.

I can handle a car pretty good, been driving for 7 years and never been ticketed or crashed. All accidents been avoided by maneuvering the car (usually cars switching lanes without shoulder checking). I'm pretty alert.

Though I'm a very reckless driver. Speeding is very common (usually 80-90 in a 40 zone). Hit corners at high speed and drift. Weave in and out of cars. Reverse 180s instead of uturns

Omega369

5. #5 TimothyTheFirst, May 28, 2014
    damn you're spot on.

I'm not a pussy about changing lines or anything, but I always make sure i have plenty of space.  and I don't have low self esteem or anything but at the same time I'm not a big risk taker, if I usually won't try something unless I'm reasonably sure it'll work.

and nothing while I'm driving ever really pisses me off.  like if someone cuts me off I don't even honk my horn usually just cause I don't care that much.  I just cruise.  

6. #6 Stride420, May 28, 2014
    You pretty much just described me except I'm not that reckless with my driving .... but having 340lbs torque to the wheels doesn't help Haha :smoke:

7. #7 Stride420, May 28, 2014
    Yeah it's not a matter of being a pussy but it's all based on risk taking. People who take risks are most likely more confident than those who don't because for that person if the risk they are taking doesn't work out they know everything will be ok because of the fact that they are confident in themselves and their abilities there's nothing that they can't handle.

8. I think it more so reflects your mood at the time of driving.  Because I've driven both aggressively and calmly ( whether on drugs or not ! ). The way I drive changes daily ( but the techniques I use stay the same ) if that makes sense

9. It can be said about driving, but I think that also can be said about sports.

I think how I drive reflects my personality though.

10. My personality never flipped twice into the woods

11. Chronic anger tends to show itself when behind the steering wheel.

If that is the case, I guess some of my chronic anger has dissipated. But not all, because occasionally I still road rage like a motherfucker, but better than all the time. And I do sometimes get frustrated with other drivers if I'm running hot at work. People need to move their asses out of the way! :p I don't let my frustration come out through my driving though, not worth the risk. I just swear a lot instead!

I used to drive recklessly as fuck as a teenager. And I can probably say that reflected my mindset at the time. I usually drive like an old fart now, wonder what that says about me. I still remember to turn off my blinker after switching lanes though :laughing:

12. I'm generally really laid back and patient. 

when I drive, I'm still pretty laid back but definitely not as patient. people not paying attention while driving/driving recklessly drive me CRAZY, it's like my biggest pet peeve ever. I've rolled my window down to talk shit to people, all that. I just feel like when you are speeding down the road in multi-ton hunk of steel that should be your one and only focus. 

doesn't stop me from hitting bowls at stop signs/red lights though. 

13. That is fucking hilarious I just laughed so hard when I read that. Hope everything was alright with the car flipping part, I imagine that would be a little scary.

14. It turned out as well as flipping a car could. I was the only one in the car and I got 3 scratches from it. On the shitty side I totaled my car...

15. Im the upbeat partying kind of guy, and I drive fast and precisely. Weave in and out of traffic and regularly do 90-100 on the freeway. Not a single accident in my life. Though I do have 2 speeding tickets in the last 3 years.

16. I ride a bike lol.

17. Same here. '11 cbr500r

18. You must have no personality then lol :bongin:

19. How I drive is based on 2 things:

1. How late I am
    2. How high I am

20. If it's afternoon and or i dont have much gas left, i drive slow. If it's dark, raining with a full tank, then it's Tokyo drift....

Sent from my iPhunny using Grasscity Forum appster