How ya treating PM?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sherlock Clones, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Milk and water
    Baking soda and water
    Or h2o2?
    Little bit on some leaves..
    Been humid as hell here..gonna clean out some growth to increase airflo. But what ya'll.sprayin..im just starting into flower now.
    Pic shows stage of flower.

Attached Files:

2. Greencure spray once a week in eve.

3. half a tea spoon of Potassium Bicarbonate mixed to a half gallon of water.
    Kills PM on contact
    Can be used up to the day of harvest , and its good for the plant .

you need ventilation

4. Green Cure is Potassium Bicarbonate
    Baking Soda is Sodium Bicarbonate.
    Both work by raising the PH up past the point it kills the surface PM. The sodium is not so good for the plants but still effective in a pinch. 1 tblspn per gallon.
    Potassium bicarbonate is used extensively on grape crops for PM control.

I spray Green Cure once a week every week start to finish.
    Outside plants need protection against Caterpillars as well.
    BT once a week from start of flower to finish.
    [​IMG]

Bacillus Thuringiensis
    A biological not chemical poison. Only effective in the guts of caterpillars. Harmless to fish, birds, humans.

BNW

5. Hmm
    Thanks everyone.
    May use milk 2nite just to get something on there.

6. Yeah i sell BT at work..but not greencure.

7. Nothing wrong with milk .

8. Have ya used it in the past..i know pm is systemic..but its just showin a tad..will milk slow er down until i can get to hydro shop

9. I'd use baking soda over milk. Soured milk in the sun = really funky taste.
    Baking Soda = no taste, no smell, no residue.
    We've used baking soda on yard plants for years to keep PM in check on stuff like squash plants and tomatoes.
    1 tablespoon per gallon will do the trick.
    Friend used milk last year and was less then pleased with the results. YMMV.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  10. 25% sour milk
    75% water
    Spray at night when plant is cool .
    And spray every night .

I prefer using potassium bicarbonate but the secret to fighting Powdery mildew is ventilation .
    A one pound bag of potassium bicarbonate will last years and its under 20 bucks
    Your humidity is to high you don't have enough ventilation around your plants .

Either your plants are growing into each other or you need more Fresh air .as in more ventilation .
    I have massive amounts of air blowing on my plants , and it was a good improvement in the war with Powdery mildew

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks guys and gals.
    I appreciate everyones help..

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 StingYang, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Good Call @Headhunterpipes I just ordered more and instead of my GreenCure I ordered straight potassium bicarbonate from amazon 2Lbs @18.99 del/next day
    Can't beat that combination Apply 1 tablespoon per gal same as GreenCure 1/4th the price.
    Thanks Learn something new everyday.
    Good site Glad I am a new member, not my 1st rodeo Yeehaa.

13. Straight up Fungi lives in space ……………… And every where on this planet ..
    I stopped my fungi issue by putting massive amounts of air on my plants ..
    I also closed the lower vents in my tents and made some DIY air filters ..

I shit you not I have two twenty inch wind machine fans blowing on each plant .
    Plus a 8 inch active air commercial inline fan sucking hot air and humidity out ..

There is tons of stuff one can make to fight off Fungi ,mildew ,mold , insects .
    But there is one natural thing that all those hate ..
    And that is a good constant breeze .

If You wish to fight off insects too.
    1/2 teaspoon Potassium bicarbonate .
    1/2 tea spoon Castiles liquid spearmint soap
    1/2 teaspoon veg oil .

Your plants will be strong and healthy with the fans .

After spraying Potassium Bicarbonate on your plants the PM is killed on contact ….
    After the plant dries the Powdery mildew starts growing back .

Most people don't know that allot of fungicide's don't kill Powdery Mildew on contact .
    Your not told this but the proper way is to spray the plant with hydrogen Peroxide or potassium bicarbonate , and then spray with milk or serenade .
    Milk and serenade prevents the plant getting PM but doesn't kill the PM on contact .

Ventilation stops the fungi landing on your lelf and starts growing on the leaf .

• Informative Informative x 1