How wrong is this post?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ImBurnt, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Is there anything accurate about this post at all?? Maybe I havent been watching the news lately but since when does Obama support recreational use of marijuana? Last time I saw a tobacco smoker's lung it looked like the one on the right haha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391774553.567932.jpg

Tapping away with my thumbs on my iPhone 5s

2. Haha i don't think that pic is even real.

What study is it based off of? I'd have to see the actual parameters. That would be my first question to her or that org who posted it first.

Studies have shown that those who smoke cigs have a greatly reduced risk of lung cancer, if they are also cannabis smokers. So i find it hard to believe the average toker would have worse lungs than the average smoker.

3. Remember also that tobacco kills over 400k Americans a year. Alcohol over 100k. Malpractice hospital deaths 700k. Prescription drugs is nearly 20k at least, if my memory serves.
    And technically, peanuts kill more people a year than cannabis. Because canna is zero.

So anyone who takes a stance like hers is either ignorant or has an agenda. They either don't know or don't care about the facts, the research or the biology.

4. Fake photo. Fake representation. Common propaganda move... You'd be hard struck to find Marijuana smokers only with any tar buildups or an increase in cancer risks, despite the side effects smoking should have and the carcinogens in Marijuana.

5. LOL
    This is what you are dealing with, taken from the drug free America website. Can you say, special interest?

Since raw marijuana isn't a medicine, why do some people want to "medicalize" it?

Many who claim to need marijuana medicinally simply want to use it recreationally. In states with marijuana dispensaries, the vast majority of "patients" are young men between the ages of 18 and 25, not the cancer or AIDS victims used in voter ads to exploit our compassionate nature.

The claim that smoked marijuana is medicinal is a tactic to legalize marijuana for any purpose and to eventually legalize other drugs for personal use.

There is great potential to make a lot of money through the sale of marijuana. Tobacco companies, who made a killing on cigarettes to the detriment of so many, have already patented names for marijuana products.

But isn't allowing marijuana for the treatment of health problems a compassionate thing to do?

Not really. "Medicalizing" this harmful substance has caused truly ill people to refuse proper medical care, thinking that because marijuana makes them feel better they are getting better. Medical practitioners and others who are truly concerned for the sick have higher standards and greater compassion – we want the ill to receive the medicine they need.

The medical excuse marijuana movement has become a device used by special interest groups to exploit the sick and dying and well-meaning voters for their own purposes.

Rev. Scott Imler, Co-Founder of Prop 215 (California's medical marijuana law) said, "We created Prop 215 so that patients would not have to deal with black market profiteers. But today it is all about the money. Most of the dispensaries operating in California are little more than dope dealers with store fronts."

http://dfaf.org/qa/marijuana/

There's a lot more, it's pretty hilarious. You have to try real hard to be that dense. They completely ignore scientific fact! You can't debate someone like that because they either have an agenda or are literally insane. They are not in touch with reality and i bet they'd try to bite you in real life!

IMO a good course is to keep sharing resources showing the facts. Teach and share with the willing and the understanding will spread.

they should fear the horrors of dihydrogenmonoxide...that shit has killed millions...

7. I don't think smoking anything is truly healthy. That pic looks pretty conspicuous :laughing: 

Many who claim to need marijuana medicinally simply want to use it recreationally. In states with marijuana dispensaries, the vast majority of "patients" are young men between the ages of 18 and 25, not the cancer or AIDS victims used in voter ads to exploit our compassionate nature.

There is great potential to make a lot of money through the sale of marijuana. Tobacco companies, who made a killing on cigarettes to the detriment of so many, have already patented names for marijuana products.

Rev. Scott Imler, Co-Founder of Prop 215 (California's medical marijuana law) said, "We created Prop 215 so that patients would not have to deal with black market profiteers. But today it is all about the money. Most of the dispensaries operating in California are little more than dope dealers with store fronts."

I would have to agree with those ones. That being said I would still rather see medical exploited over people being imprisoned for choices that they want to make with their bodies.

8. We will see more and more bullshit propaganda like this as the war against marijuana is lost by those that made a living off persecuting weed users..... :hippie:

9. #9 DorianOmega, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    straight up piece of propaganda no doubt made by the tobacco companies, if that was a true depiction at all then many of us would be hospitalized.