How would you do this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NotI, Dec 7, 2012.

1. 1. I have a 6.5x6.5x6.5 room
    2. I have 2,200w on a light mover
    3. Over 750 CFM & 2 wall fans.
    4. I will be using air pots, and SS#4 Mix.
    5. Botanicare Nutrient full line
    6. NLxHaze

What are my options here?

I know its a great idea to fill it with 30-40 plants and veg them for a few weeks, then send them on their flower way.

I can also stick maybe 4-5 in there with a top after 2 weeks, following another month of veg to get some somewhat large plants.

I dont think having to deal with my garden 10 hours a day with all those plants is a great idea, but hell its not like I wont be enjoying myself.

I would really like for some good ideas, on what you would do to get the most yield out of your room.

TY

:devious:

2. I hope this is not a Teaxas only thread my brother. I like to be first. I don't think it will take anywhere near 30 - 40 NL X Haze to fill your tent man. I have a scrog going to experiment with higher yielding methods.

3. No, im down to hear from everyone. I need to make this decision, so I can go forward with more planning

4. ok then let me tell you a story. I put 15 plants in a 5x5x7 and I am doing 11 this time and maybe 6 next time. I don't think I will get less total yield with reduced plant number. Reason is Once you reach the max number, it looks to me like overcrowding cuts your yield down. Seems just a matter of do you want 3 oz's each from 6 plants or 1 oz each from 16.

5. You are close to insane if you think you can pack 30-40 NLxHaze in a 6.5x6.5 room :laughing: or you've just never seen how much they take off.

If you veg those plants any longer than 3 weeks its going to outgrow your tent, if you top them they are going to get a lot wider, so less plants and less veg.

Sensi seeds seed bank says the plants produce main colas bigger than your arm, so its apically dominant and most of the yield is up top.

I say you experiment with smaller plants first, before you have to go culling otherwise perfectly healthy plants due to over-crowding.

I just had a stretcher, I had to kill it because it got too big. Lesson Learned. Don't veg these type of plants more than 2-3 weeks in a tent.

6. One plant, vegged 2-3 weeks, untopped will take up 1.5-3 square feet of space. 4-6 plants maximum for that space.

7. with 42.2 feet in there, I was under the impression that if you top them, they will use side width more then grow tall. allowing me to stick 4-5 in there and have med sized plants that are bush like. It will be able to use all 42.25 feet, or something like that.

8. This will also allow it to veg a little longer, and allow other tops to shoot up making a blanket of buds. Just my thoughts, school me.

9. Do not top the Sativa dominant main Cola off :eek: that's where most of the yield is at. What you do with this kind of plant to make a bush is LST it down after it gets big enough and still only veg it for 3 weeks. It will still get huge, just be a bit more bushy like you want.

I'd just stick to 4 plants LST'd maybe put a trellis net up so the buds don't go running into each other. :wave:

10. Your talking like a SCROG net? I hear what your getting at. Topping this plant will have a negative end result. You really think just 4 plants? Maybe I am underestimating these bad girls. How would you go about the LST? Just tie down the main branch, and then fit the side branching through the net? If the top bud gets to tall I will have to raise my lights, furthering my distance from the lower branching. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

11. Similar to a Scrog net I was talking about just to keep the plants in their place, you could do a Scrog if you want, that's the best way to fill the whole space with buds.

LST when they are young, 1-2 weeks old tie them down and them bend the other branches out until the plant has 4-8 top shoots. Cut the bottom stuff off and get a bunch of colas, since they stretch like crazy after you flip them.

You'd still want to LST even in a Scrog, so you can get more tops in the screen. With a scrog you wouldn't have to worry about the top cola that much, as it stretch you could tuck it under the screen and it will produce even more terminal shoots. :smoking: :wave:

12. Hmm, I have been looking around for these screens. I might have to make them out of 550 cord or something.

13. This will be a lot cheaper to buy the net. Garden Trellis Netting look for "garden trellis netting" all you need to do is make a frame out of PVC and attach.

14. Your the best man, this will helm maximize:)

15. Its off to bed for me now, Maybe I will have some more to read when I get up. Ah its already 3:15 in the morning.

16. #16 GarrillaGrower, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    My brother in arms, I would like to try and illustrate what NOOB is talking about. Without these two products I could never have kept my O.G.'s under the light. Only thing I know to do with an agressive bitch is bend her over and if I have to, I will even tie her down. But I am much more into it when the ladies just behave like ladies. However the O.G.'s were the big producers in my grow, and like NOOB says all the weight was at the top and I did not top them. Anyways this is trellace netting, it is a cheap strong plastic netting that I bought at the hydro shop. You can get it at any garden supply store. So I did not even use pvc for this as I did with my scrog, all I did with this was cut it to size and zip tie it to the corners of my tent. I got enough on the roll for four grows and paid about 5-6 bucks, if that. The other product in the photo is garden wire. It is the best stuff for tying a plant down and as soon as you feel it you will know what i mean. I bought this at the hydro store for $4.50, TX buys it at WallMart for $2.00, I got 55 feet But am going to check WallMart for next roll. Hope this helps you my brother.

Attached Files:

17. Ah, I see what your getting at. Yea from reading late last night I need to flip when they are about 8' tall or im going to end up with something over 6 feet. I have been reading that topping this strain puts it in to much stress, and greatly decreases yield.

18. For the record I vote for 4 - 6 plants vegged to 18" to 20" and then 12/12 tie them down if/when need be.

19. Most likely yes, however there is a very slim chance you could end up with one plant that doesn't stretch as much as the others. This one will be more Afghan dominant in structure and high.

Its very rare, my friend grows it, its some good shit, just not very Sativa dominant.

For sure flip them when they get to about 6-12" inches no later. Also do the pinch technique to reduce stretch, each watering bend the main stem back and forth very gently to increase the stalk strength, this also reduces vertical stretch and makes your plants bushier.

Glad you are doing some research on em finally. :wave:

20. Yea, I could not sleep last night because it was bugging me for some reason.