how would one go about getting a theory well known?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by pavlakos, Apr 16, 2008.

1. does anyone know how someone would go about getting a theory heard of and accepted by scientists?

2. what kind of theory?i am not sure i got what u said..

3. yeah, you have a theory? that's pretty vague and open.

I'm not entirely sure but i think it goes:

1. submit your article(s) and research for peer review (usually done online)

2. once it passes peer review, get published in a scientific journal

3. profit????

(j/k about 3.)

4. ohhh..now i get what you asked!!
    well usually someone is a dr or be in a univarsity and then published some books about it. it depends on what kind of theory u have. ex. if you are medical doctor or chemist or sth you have expirements. and maybe participate in a university research or a research from an organization.. anyawy i hope u got what i mean. they is also the committe of scientists in every country or groups like the E.U. that you can submit your facts.

5. oh my god! my english gets really bad while stoned..:smoking::hide::rolleyes:

6. its all good. its actually a theory which i feel can be proven although i dont personally have the resources to prove it, nor a certain reputation amongst the scientific community...how else could i get a theory heard of?

7. Go to a research university and talk to a professor, if you can get them away from their
    research to hear you out.

If they don't poke your theory full of holes and it intersts them sufficiently, they may
    actually try to prove it. You may, or may not, get credit for originating it.

That would probably be the easiest way short of getting published in a peer reviewed
    journal.

Just an idea.

8. whats the theory

9. well i care not about the credit, rather people opening their minds to new ideas, based on things that have been here. i explained my theory in another thread, and i actually found that its not the first time this theory was thought of. Lloyd Pye actually more or less stated my theory. thanks anyway guys :)

10. here is another post i made in another thread:

11. well i was too stoned to read everything but i dids sum up and i agree.

btw a couple of years ago i saw a documentary that said that scientists have proven through quantum psisics that souls exists and that is an energy . they also seemed to said that they proved rebirth too and immortality of the soul. i didnt see the whole documentary unfortunately but i saw the end where they summed up what i just said...
    psysics is really great i wish i could study it.. but i know no maths...anyway..

12. whether or not you're theory is right/wrong, you'll have trouble with it because it is impossible/improbable to ever prove...sorry, but it is some damn interesting stuff

13. to prove 100% as fact...yes. to look at the facts and say this is logical, we should probably use our knowledge when nibiru comes back around...idk man.

14. unfortunately in today's world to be heard by a large portion of people, requires a degree in the field you have your 'theory' in or pertaining to... otherwise find time to elaborate, GC could be the best place. post your theory.