How would Marijuana change you if it was legalized?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Blazedmymindbro, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Now, this is a thread to think about. Don't take 1 minute to jot random ideas. Really think about it.

For me, it would change me heavily.

Pro-
    -I'd be happier
    -Probably be smoking everday
    -Paranoia will be virtually gone
    -My hatred for the U.S government will dissipate
    -Have more pocket money for things other than bud

Con-
    -Those who think Marijuana is "bad" currently will try it. Sure, more people for the herb is better than against it... but you see what I'm getting at?
    -Marijuana will mimic Alcohol - - Instead of the majority of teenagers drinking alcohol, they will smoke Marijuana - possibly giving the herb a bad rep for the youngins'
    -Laziness- I enjoy running daily, but if I decide to smoke one day, I normally tend to become lazy and not run that evening.

There's more, but I'm in brainlock right now.
    How would changing the legal status affect you?

2. Pros:
    I get to choose what strains I can smoke
    It can benefit sick ppl
    Stupid government is less stupid
    More money for economy
    More hemp stuff
    Music industry will EXPLODE

Cons:
    Feeling of being in a "club" full of ppl who's doing illegal stuff is lost
    Tax
    New breed of stoners called "fag stoners" who smoke coz they think it's cool
    More 12 yr olds stoners who think they know EVERYTHING

3. I'm not sure how much it would change me. I feel like it becoming legal would be equivalent to me turning 21 and alcohol becoming legal, which didn't really change anything at all.

It just removes the paranoia of getting caught possessing it. I don't get any lazier when I smoke pot, I enjoy my hobbies a lot more when I smoke.

The truth is people will try it just like they try alcohol, there will always be people for and against it, but that doesn't make any difference. Overall I guess it became legal, I'd be happier with the United States.

God Bless America.

4. it would be completely awesome, imagine just going to a marijuana store and being able to choose between scores of different strains and hash's for much lower prices. then going down to a nice scenic place and smoking it in public, not caring about cops or anything.

5. I'm not sure how much it would change me. I feel like it becoming legal would be equivalent to me turning 21 and alcohol becoming legal, which didn't really change anything at all.

It just removes the paranoia of getting caught possessing it. I don't get any lazier when I smoke pot, I enjoy my hobbies a lot more when I smoke.

The truth is people will try it just like they try alcohol, there will always be people for and against it, but that doesn't make any difference. Overall I guess it became legal, I'd be happier with the United States.

God Bless America.

6. To add on to this, smoking in public would probably still be illegal in most places, seeing how you can't smoke cigs in certain places, you can't drink alcohol in most public places, etc. Think about the type of laws that would be put into effect before making statements I commonly see like "smoking in front of a pig in the middle of the street." It's just something that isn't reasonable to happen given other laws that are currently in place

7. I'd have to find something else in the world to fix!

Granny

8. It wouldn't change me aside the fact that I'd go to a store to buy my buds and I'd grow my own as well. But I'm still going to smoke everyday like I do regardless if it's legal.

9. I would hate the police less.

10. Pros: I'd always be high.
    Cons: I'd always be broke.

11. I'd have to get a real job:(

12. I would have a steady, reliable supply when needed.
    My eczema would be in check along w/ allergy migraines.
    I would be able to choose from a different strains for the mentioned above.
    I would LOVE to try medical lotions!
    More people would know I smoke.
    On very stressful work days I would always have something to look forward too.

I wouldn't change into a different person; but life would be more enjoyable w/o bad eczema out breaks, and painful migraines.

13. You can smoke medical marijuana in public in California, there's no real reason to not allow it in public. Based on the initiatives and bills that have been created so far, I doubt any future legislation would grant us legalization but restrict our right to smoke in public. I agree that certain places may be restricted though through smaller governments.

14. You ever try running high? It takes some motivation to get going, but once you start it is probably one of the coolest experiences out there.

15. There's no reason to disallow smoking marijuana in public?

Smoking(rather than eating or taking some sort of thc concentrate pill) infringes on the rights of others. People should be able to walk (with their kids) in public and not have to worry about having their personal space invaded by a random stranger blowing out smoke.
    A person right to not breathe smoke trumps another right to take whatever substance they choose.

I think the government has the authority to and should ban public smoking(of anything really, tobacco, marijuana, random leaves off a tree, etc).
    There's a better argument to allow business establishments to set their own polices involving private smoking. Potential patrons can be informed before hand and choose to avoid establishments that allow smoking or particularly support establishments that allow it.

Governments should allow special use licenses to allowing events the right to smoke outside(certain events and festivals can be isolated enough to not bring about any second-hand to non-event goers, and other events may be able to purchase/rent equipment to clean or contain the smoke)

16. Smoke dissipates amazingly fast outdoors. If a parent was walking with their kids and somebody was smoking weed, they don't have to walk right next to the person smoking. There is no way the minuscule amounts of smoke (especially from cannabis) can be anymore harmful than the tons of carbon monoxide and other poisonous gasses dumped into the atmosphere legally.

I really don't think it is something the government needs to control. I think it should be up to the owner of the property/establishment. I don't think the government would allow cannabis in public parks, but I also don't think they should punish someone for smoking in a isolated public area. With cannabis, if any child were to inhale the fumes, nothing destructive would happen to them. I also doubt they would obtain any mind altering effects (at least I've never heard of second hand highs outdoors) unless they were to purposely inhale a large amount of smoke from a very short distance (which their parents should be able to prevent).

Just my view.

17. I could be wrong, but my fear has always been..

If goverenment legalizes marijuana you will see big businesses taking over the marijuana industry, the marijuana which you will probally be able to buy at a liquor store type facilaty will probally be grown with chemicals and steroids. Mass production of marijuana with little care is not what its about.

I truely have no problem with illegal marijuana.

I just don't see it affecting my life, i grow. as well as smoke on a close to daily basis.. and never have seen any legal problems with it.

18. Well if ending drug testing went along with legalization,than I would go and get a job :laughing:

19. I would be a happy man knowing that my job and freedom is secure

20. I would grow and consume my own marijuana instead of having to pay outrageous black market prices.

Freedom to enjoy marijuana in my house without having to worry about stormtroopers busting in and sending me to prison would be priceless.