how will i pay for bud

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffro34, Feb 25, 2007.

1. before you read this, im just gona let you know its long and might not make to much sense cause i just got done smoking a blunt....but dont read this if you dont wanna hear about whats happening in my life

so far i have been doing well supporting my habbit of smoking bud. since im living with my parents and im going to high school i dont have to pay for much things bills, heating, electric. so far for work i am a busboy at a restaurant and i am only working one night because of slow buisness but i still get good pay on the night i work because its a saturday night and i can take home anywhere from 40-90 bucs a night in tips (cash), then i also watch a kid for 40 bucks every thursday night...so i do well.

But for the past month or so my friend "L" has been asking me how much ive been getting paid on my saturday shifts .........he works there and i considered us friends at the time, so i told him i made 50 80 bucs a night. So then he asks to take my shift and i say no ...then he says that he is going to ask my manager until he gets it. So i tell him if he does we would have a problem because i smoke up alot of my friends and that means i would get his shift and make dog shit, 10 bucs in tips and i use this

money not just for myself i am very generous with my weed and will smoke anyone up, and i buy alot at once and its good quality bud. So my friend calls me up today and says "L" took my shift, even though i told him not to. this little prick goes behid my back and does this to me, i mean he's so greedy and wants everything for himself and hes a bitch.

I mean thats basicly how i made my money and he just took my shift without me knowing.....the manager didnt even call me. sorry if i may be over reacting but this makes me so angry..... then i give "L" a call and ask him why he took my shift....... so he hangs up on me. Now im wondering if i should go to school tomorrow and give him the biggest beating of his life....this is not the first time he has done something like this to me, and this time i think he has crossed the line. sorry for ranting on and on but this has just been on my mind all day and i need to get it out....

2. Just tell him how you feel. Maybe tell him to read this post.

3. He got this shifts fair and square -- deal with it.

He went over your head, showed initiative and asserted himself. Bosses like that kind of thing, you got bested, bro.

4. Tell your manager you counted on that money and if you don't get the shift back you will quit. Go be a waiter somewhere and make 250 on a Sat night instead.

5. Rasta_Man, He stole the shift by lying to the manager. How is that fair ass? Don't try to be all big and bad and mature about it... It just makes you look like a dick. For you Jeffro, just try talking to the manager telling him that was your reliable source of income and you did not give consent to give up that shift to him. Or try getting a job somewhere else and make better money elsewhere, I mean $90 a week? That sucks a fat wiener.

The name-calling makes you look like what you called him. It doesn't float, regardless. *RMJL

6. Violence isn't the answer. Call him a dickweed, and if it bothers you enough cut him off. No one likes a backstabbing bitch as a friend. He's a dick end of story but if this new situation psisses you off so you have to either ask your manager for the shift back or get a dif job as MightBuddha suggested.

7. yeah i will give a shot talking to her but it wont do much...we have an awkward relationship not a bad one but an awkward one. its a long story

8. How is it unfair? Capitalism is a dog eat dog world, he isn't entitled to those shifts. His co-worker showed initiative, simple. He obviously did something to please or impress his superiors

So i should act immature and childish so I can be cool in your eyes?

He doesn't have to give consent, he isn't a co-owner of this business. Sometimes the working world shovels shit in your face and you have to deal with it.

9. i fucking hate greedy people

10. C'mon Rasta, the world may be a shitty hole of suckitude that Capitialism feeds off of but this guy was his friend. I highly doubt jeffro would have posted this thread if it was someone he was unaffiliated w/ that took his shift. The "X factor" is the friendship so that should be the focus of the discussion IMO.

11. true, your "friend" is a dick and not a friend at all, but like Rasta said, shit happens, man. I ended up having to leave my last job because they switched my schedule, effectively taking away the bulk of my money (Friday nights i got moved behind the bar, which is good for experience, but shitty for money, since i'd walk out with 40-50 bucks instead of 100-150, but whatever), and throwing a wrench into all my family plans for the entire month (had plans for all day every sunday for the whole month, incluing an out of town trip for the 3 days i was supposed to be off. now i had to work all 3 days) so i talked to them, and they told me tough luck. So i quit. Family was just more important.

There are better jobs out there, bro. go wait tables at mexican restaurant for 6 months or so, then move on to like an outback or something. within 2 years you can be at a badass steakhouse pullin 40-50 bucks a table.

12. You lost your position fare and square homie, He even warned you beforehand.

Only thing to do, Is do better then him.

Find a better job, Or get a better position then him.

Fuck going to violence for the answer.

Show him up like he showed you up and itll affect him alot more then it affected you. Trust.

13. Damn, KSR, this whole week you've been dropping knowledge left right and centre!

14. now, this answer probably isn't going to be popular, but here it goes.

you are still in high school. i'm not sure about your school, but in mine you got 2 days suspension for fighting (usually if you won, if you lost you had to deal with the embarassment). i'd just beat the fuck out of him, take the days off from school to go tell your boss to take the job and shove it.

of course this is how i would have handled it when i was in hs. since you are over 18 though, you should probably take an adult route (i.e. hire a hitman).

15. What would that solve?

He'll get suspended, he could possibly get the shit beat out of him, and he'll lose his job.

C'mon, use your brain :rolleyes:

16. hey if i was still a minor, i'd take advantage of it. if he rocks the dude with the first hit, the other guy won't stand a chance.

i can't say that he lost his shift fair and square (i've lost hours because of liars). pretty much all he can do is give his boss an ultimatum. i know what it's like to be in a situation like his. when i lost my hours i just moved to a new job that gave better hours and paid more.

17. Simple way out man, you said ur manager was a female right? Spit some game and make her ur sugar mama and get that ass fired, or if you have any female friends that work there give them 20 bucks to say that he made some lude comments.

This is America and as rasta_man said capitilism is a dog eat dog economy so he played the system better then you deal with it.

And if your work catches wind of you fighting another employee u both might get fired, might work out for the best, just do it outside of school

18. What I would tell your boss is that he asked you if he could have your shift and you said no because you needed it and the money was good, and he went and asked you without consent, you should be good and get your job back or get another shift with the pay as good it not a little less.

19. Hahah I WISH getting in a fist fight worked that way!

High school would have gone a lot smoother for me if it did.

20. personally i would beat the shit outta him..(only cuz i have anger problems) tell yur boss yu need the shift back cuz yu were making more money n need that money to survive or else yur gunna have 2 quit (if yur boss likes yu n wants yu to styll work there he/she might raise yur pay or give yu back yur shift) if yu don`t get yur shift back or a raise in pay, quit, find a better job, and hope the kid yu beat the shit outta isn`t a snitch n gets yu into more trouble.. that`s what i would do personally. childish or not =)