How will I know when its done?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ColdToker420, May 21, 2010.

1. Sup GC, so I've been growing this plant in my backyard for about 4-5 weeks and I have to say I'm farely pleased with its progress. Its almost 8 inches tall and the leaves are a pretty lite green colour. I just have one question, how will I know when its done growing? Like what will it look like? I know how to harvest snd cure I just dont know when. My friend gave me the seeds and said it would grow as tall as my chin. I was like BS. This is my first grow by the way. Its got tiny white hairs coming from the stem so I'm assuming its female.

2. If it's in a potting container then it may get to your chin. If it's straight in the ground then it could possibly get tall as your house.

It will be ready for harvest around late October.

3. Yeah its in the ground. As tall as my house? Late october? Thats awhile. But I guess I have to be patient if I want quality bud. Thanks bro, much appreciated.

4. My very first time growing was a couple bagseeds outside. One of 'em died from root rot in the middle of summer. The other one got about 8 foot tall when I chopped it. This was 2001 and I really had no idea what I was doing, I chopped it in like August or something. Way before it was even close to being ready, didn't get the slightest bit stoned. I've learned from every growing mistake I've ever made :smoke:

5. Crap. Thats probably gonna happen to me cuz this is my first grow....I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing. I just do what my friend tells me and water it every 2-3 days and give it at least 8 hours of sunlight a day. I hope it doesn't die