How were you named?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kuya, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Anybody know how they were named?

For me...

"Winnie-the-Pooh, commonly shortened to Pooh Bear or simply Pooh, and once referred to as Edward Bear a fictonal bear created by A. A. Milne" (Wikipedia)

= Edward

"Milne named the character Winnie-the-Pooh after a teddy bear owned by his son, Christopher Robin Milne, who was the basis for the character Christopher Robin."

= Christopher

My first and middle names are Edward Christopher

2. My dad chose my first name, "Chad". Supposed to mean "warrior" or something like that. Pretty accurate too :cool:

My mom chose my middle name "Michael" in memory of one of her cousins who had some kind of terminal disease and died young.

3. my mum named me samuel, after a samuel in the bible. it was gonna be joe but she decided on samuel.

i have this book that i got when i was born, its like a christian book, and it has the adventures of samuel, its pretty funny.

and james for a middle name, i dont know why she chose that.

4. lauren,
    cause they liked it and i made a funny face when they suggested it. they were also trying to be original, but they failed at that. i had eight other laurens in my hs graduating class.

carel,
    cause it's my maternal grandmother's name. i like that it's spelled with an "e" instead of the more common "o"

lauren carel

5. Named after my Daddy-O.

Middle Name - My Dad's Dad. :)

6. All of my names come from the British Isles.

7. Named after my dad and Im gonna do the same thing when i have a son..

8. I honestly don't know how my first name came to be, it just seemed like a nice choice to my parents I guess.

My middle name however, Alexander, was chosen with Alexander the Great in mind. Which is fitting, because of my love for strategy games and Risk.

9. I honestly don't know how my first name came to be, it just seemed like a nice choice to my parents I guess.

My middle name however, Alexander, was chosen with Alexander the Great in mind. Which is fitting, because of my love for strategy games and Risk.

10. #10 wenahaone, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    I'm too paranoid to say...because then I'd wanna talk about my middle name.

well, I can say this....

My first and middle initial are the initials of my parents' first names. Neato, huh?

okay, I'll say something else. I share my name with a famous outlaw in the old west, and a politician that they think is kind of neato. so they thought that was the coolest name that started with that letter.

11. First - Pop Dukes' middle name.
    Middle - I don't know.
    Last - Pop Dukes' last name.

12. My mom wanted to name me Piper and my dad was thinking Ashley or Brittany because he thought they were unique, guess he was wrong haha

13. Scott after Scotty from Star Trek. Seriously.

14. I was almost named Trevor after Trevor Linden, but then my parents changed their minds and named me Drew for reasons I don't know. My initials are DAM though :p.

15. #15 Neromatic, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    The story of my name is all sorts of fucked up.

Before I was born, my parents intended on naming me Max. Then I was born on my grandpa's birthday (who was coincidentally in the same hospital having a tumor removed at the time), so my parents decided to honor him when naming me and threw out their original plans.
    Now, my grandpa's name was Elmer. My parents decided that Max Elmer sounded awful (thank god), and turned to using his middle name instead - Cyril. They decided that Max Cyril also sounded awful.

I don't know how they got to it, but they eventually settled on Alexander Cyril and filled out the birth certificate. Even though my birth certificate read Alexander my parents still insisted on calling me Max, and to this day have never called me by my legal name (they even stopped talking to one of my grandmas for a year because she kept calling me Alex).

I should mention, that when my grandpa died when I was 12 we found out that Cyril wasn't even his middle name. Turns out his middle name was Cyrillus, and he'd never bothered to tell even my grandma.

So, my name is Alexander Cyril - but you can call me Max.

16. I am the 4th Lawrence Joseph in a row so because my dad wanted to continue the tradition

17. My first name, Joseph, came from Joseph & Mary in the Bible.
    My middle name, Stephen, was my fathers and Grandfathers middle name, and was just passed on to me.

18. Parents decided to name me after Matthew from the bible( fuk middle names!!! since i wasnt given one) :cool:

19. My first name is Melissa, because Melissa went better with my last name than Lindsay. I have red hair. I'm 22..I wonder how many times I would have got picked on in hs..haha. Even though I hate my name, I'm glad it wasn't Lindsay.

Middle - Ann..because it went good with Melissa. >>Hate this name too, sounds so boring and unimaginative.

20. There was a red headed Melissa Ann about 6 houses down the street from me when I was growing up. She'd be 22 now... that's odd.