Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Well Do Tinctures Work?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NewSmoke15, Dec 3, 2017.

1. If I need around 400mg from an edible to be high, about how many mg would I need from a tincture to be high? I had a mouth surgery a few days ago and can't smoke for a few weeks. (And I can't eat very easily either right now, so edibles would be difficult.)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. @NewSmoke15
    About the same.
    Decarb weed on cookie sheet in oven 240 F for 40 minutes
    Separately Freeze weed and 151-190 proof Everclear beverage grade Alcohol
    Combine and shake 10 seconds
    Strain.
    Start with an eyedroppers worth away from your surgical area.
    It'll burn but in a good way. Should feel effects almost immediately.
    [​IMG]
    :) The orange funnel is setting in the potato ricer I use to press out the tincture from the weed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I do most of a quart jar of decarbed weed at a time to a full fifth of booze. Can scale this down to fit your needs.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. About 4ml's for a nice buzz. 10ml's to get pretty messed up if you have a high edible tolerance like I do. I recently started making tincture and I can't believe I used to choke down all those edibles. Tinctures are so much better.

4. One cool thing about tincture is that you get both a THC and an edible type high. The THC absorbs directly into the blood through the tongue and lining of the mouth/throat and then whatever you swallow is processed by the liver like a traditional edible. It's a nice mix.

5. Thanks! I'll probably just go and buy some tincture from a dispensary rather than make it though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk