Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how well do sploofs work?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by infamous_pie, Jun 22, 2009.

1. I'm thinking about using a sploof but the air vent in my room is connected to my dads room. Does it really filter the smell that well?

2. Filters most of the actual weed smell, but from my experience it still makes the room smell like you burned something in there, as in you can still tell something has been smoked, but you can't really pinpoint it to weed.

3. Once when I got caught smoking in a dorm room a cop told me that "these never work". And I personally agree with his statement, I don't see how a ball of dryer sheets stuffed into a tube could make it smell any different. I mean, there is still obviously going to be smoke when you blow through it, how the fuck does a dryer sheet change the smell of the smoke and burnt mj?

Just better off getting a fan and some ozium and blowing out your window.

4. I'd recommend not smoking joints or blunts or anything that makes more smoke then you need. Also try to stay near a window, use a fan, and I hear ozium is the BEST.
    Good luck.

5. They work well in the sense of making what your exhaling not smell like dank. But your toasted bowl and bong will always leak a lil smoke.

If smoking outside is totally out of the question, then smoke out of a window.

6. I've heard good things about carbon sploofs, there's a great thread here on gc about making them. Dryer sheets just make it smell like weed that went through a dryer.

7. It works so well that i've been smoking every day in my basement for over 2 years, in my room that has no windows, and my mom never smells anything. It never smells like pot. I occasionally spray febreeze or light incense. The people who say they don't work just don't know how to cap the bowl so no smoke burns off the cherry.

All i use is a water bottle and dryer sheets

8. Make a carbon sploof. For real.

Use the search.

9. yeah, it just doesn't seem to work. Tried it once, wasn't very effective.

10. I use it from time to time, and its always worked for me. Just keep a window open and spray some febreze and you should be fine.
    -nugbuzzed:smoke:

11. They work well, almost as well as the search function....

12. if you can, try this...

hook up a fan to the window, normal set-up and don't use a sploof.

same shit, but use a sploof.

You'll see the difference.

13. they definitely help but dont cover up the smell 100% of the way

14. SPLOOFS WITH DRIER SHEETS DO NOT WORK WELL. All that happens is that the marijauna smell is covered up by drier sheet smell.

search this forum for "activated carbon sploofs" Those things are work AWESOMELY are not that expensive and have scientific proof behind them.

15. #15 powertopeeps, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
    they work, but theres still going to be that smell of smoke [and a little weed from the bowl] You need a window for the smoke to be blown out of. and a good place to store the weed so it doesnt smell.

EdIT: Ha, the way I use mine is usually when I'm home alone for a little, [like summer, although I go to my car now] I'd go into our bathroom, shut the door and light up my bowl, cover my bowl and blow smoke through the sploof out the window. I'd do this for two bowls and then I'd go take a hot shower with the window still open, now all the way. I get out, open the door, and everythings nifty, u can't smell a thing.

16. Yes...They work very very well. The key is to use a wide mouth bottle such as a Gatorade bottle. Also it is essential to use atleast 30 dryer sheets depending on the bottle size. The more dryer sheets the less the smoke will smell like weed. Pack the shit out of them, and make an effort to put your mouth to the bottle firmly to insure that all the smoke is forced through the spoof. Any air flow you can create in your smoking area will help too.

17. They work decently. I suggest either using a one hit pipe or a bong and always cover the bowl after if you don't completely clear it so no smoke leaks out. Generally, a bit of smoke is going to, try to make sure you blow most of it through the sploof.

For anyone wondering how it works, basically the smelly shit in the fabric softeners binds to the smoke and not only makes it smell alot less, but makes it sink so you don't really have to worry about it going through the top of the door or vents. I suggest smoking in a small area like a bathroom with a towel under the door, vent closed if u are worried about that.

When I did it in the bathroom (lol), I had teh vent closed, towel under the door, was using a bong and the sploof trick. After taking about 5 hits off of it I was done and had a friend who could smell correctly come into the room and see if he smelled it. He said it was noticable that someone had lit something so I turned on the roof vent and had a floor fan with an ionizer on blowing in there. About 20 min later the smell was gone and I covered it up just incase with some nice body spray shit. If you don't let any smoke leak, you are pretty good but I for sure recommend the extra fan helps keep it in the general area and not into somewhere worse.