Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How was smoking weed discovered?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by prettyslick, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Anyone ever wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put this awesome plant in a pipe and smoke it? And by natural instinct wouldn't a human stop smoking after coughing like a bitch? Obviously we know better because we were taught. Haha I am just an encyclopedia of stupid thoughts tonight.

2. They probably coughed and stopped after they 1st tried it. And then were like "oh shit, bring that plant back with us".

3. This is an interesting point, when picturing cavemen etc.

Obviously its been used for ages not recorded. It's a plant. First documented time someone smoked weed? Well, i'm not sure, but i can bet its not accurate.

4. My theory is they used it as fuel for a fire and when the smoke got someone high it began.

5. Could have been an accident. Forest fire, some weed plants get burned, someone's nearby and just happens to inhale the smoke. Or maybe some medicine man found it and decided to burn it in a hut, the first hotbox. Hell, could have been some kid who took some and intentionally set it on fire and inhaled, just because he could.

6. Really good question, sometimes I wonder how humans began having sex or how people started kissing. No one really knows

7. Yeah I wonder if cavemen did it... most likely not. Definitely not out of a pipe. But chances are the first human civilizations around the Hindu Kush mountains found out they were basically the luckiest people in the world.

8. Definitely wasn't instinct. Nope, no natural urges here. :rolleyes:

9. if you ask me.... they probably believed when something burned it "died" and its essence was sent through the smoke.... (they DID burn a lot of bodies in many cultures and the reason why..... who fuckin knows (im sure someone does, but i dont :) ))

so maybe they used to smoke a lot of plants and only those which provided effect stayed within smoking (many herbs, tobacco, and cannabis being good examples lol)

So maybe it was a ritual where they would inhale what they believed to be a "concentrate" of its existence or something......

i honestly have no idea though lol

10. Imagine you are one of the first humans, you're coming back from a successful hunt and you come across a marijuana plant. Would you not want to just burn that shit? Nuggs literally look like they are meant to be broken down and burned. I wouldn't be surprised if thats the very reason God put marijuana on this planet.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpV6licCOMw]How Cannabis Works - YouTube[/ame]

12. It was probably shwag dirt shit.

13. it, along with many other secrets of nature were handed down to us from aliens and then were passed through the generations :smoke:

14. Humans have used a wide variety of plants for smoke or steam therapy since the harnessing of fire.
    The earliest reports of inhaled cannabis are of folks throwing it on hot rocks in a sauna like situation, which is a popular form of medicine in many cultures.

15. Maybe they added into like a soup and had it

16. cows/buffaloes started eating it before we knew what it was. they ate so much of it that when we started eating meat we got high. the connection to the plant came later. thats why we have federal agencies controlling meat as well as weed.

17. ...o_O

Source?

18. That doesnt answer the question, that would lead to us eating meat to get high, not smoking it

19. oh... you guys

20. There we were in the cedar swamps, freezing our nuts off and being eaten alive by these gigantic mosquitos. Ug started a fire as I gathered more sticks and branches.

We noticed the cedar branches created a bit of smoke but quickly ignited and burnt up. The smoke seemed to keep the mosquitos at bay, a little.

I noticed this tall bushy looking plant and thought "Hmm, that may smoke a little longer". So I pulled off some of the longer branches and tossed it on the fire. It Was Working!!!

The mosquitos didn't like the smoke, but we could tolerate it. Soon though, we were famished. Ug was starting to look a little strange too. I started giggling at him and he lost it, rolling on the ground in laughter. :smoke: