How warm would my garage have to be to grow inside of it.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ROC-DOGG, Oct 11, 2016.

1. The wife is letting me grow inside the garage. The problem is my garage is not heated. Is this going to be a major problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. techniclly it will grow above freezing,, but u wanna keep it at 68 or so at lowest..

3. considering space heaters give off a bit of light as well yes this is a problem.

4. really 70-80 is the range.. whole grow..

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree leodicapario 70-80 I shoot for 78 below 65 it will slow and disease onset can be a issue and bugs like mites attack sick plants first and fast. Over about 95 and again the plant slows or stops growing with a whole new set of problems. What kind of lighting are you going to use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. I'm running 60 at lights off and 68 during lights on right now and my plants are doing fine, I've let it get as low as 55 in hydro and had very healthy plants.

7. I was planning on growing using a 4 x 4 tent and then using a space heater to heat the garage will that work

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I live far up north in a cold climate with winter nights avg 30F in the coldest months. You run lights at night because it is colder and the lights put off heat. I grew in a 4x8 with 2000w and the heat from HID lighting kept it fairly warm in the garage. I used a radiator heater to help. This kept the garage hot enough so I could open up the door a crack to let in fresh air.

You need fresh air which is cold so during bloom and lights are off half the day, it gets cold even with a heater. It's tough growing in a garage unless you are running lots of lights. The environment sucks for fresh air which your compromise for keeping it warm. Mold will start and your plants leaves don't raise to the light like they would if they were growing in a room that cycles the air completely in a room once every few minutes.

9. yes that would actually be awesome, since the tent would more than likely be zipped up and u could just leave intake or outtake fan and heater going outside of the tent, but those dont kick off if its too warm may cause more problem than solve, idk.

10. just keep a fan blowing in the garage too from the house and good circ in a tent i think things will work out,,

11. do you have a finished garage? did you tell her that heating your garage is gonna cost a lot of money?... just for a 4x4 area with a 600w light. you could spend a fraction of that on all the stuff youd need to make your tent quiet and smell free. youd never know it was there