How warm does It have to be to grow? And more questions!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by walter7093, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Hello, I want to grow next year and I just doing some research I have a couple questions if you could answers for me that would be sweet.

How warm does it have to be to grow outdoors?

Can I do LST (low stress training) outside?

How long does it take to grow outside (from when you plant the seed to when you cut down the plant?) I know every grow is different but what general time line am I looking at?

Do you have to water your plant every day? (It rain every couple of weeks, I was thinking of watering 3-4 times per week???, and if the temperature is over 30 all water on that day??)

Please answer!

Thanks

sorry if it dosn't make sense i'm ripped !

2. Optimum from High Times.

Lights on 75F

Lights off 70F

Humidity 60%

I don't see why not... but are you going for more budsites, or for controlling the height of the plant? Topping/Fimming and super cropping could help with yield if yield is your motivation.

I'm not certian - so maybe someone else who is certain will be able to help - but I believe they are generally spring to fall plants so 4-6 months depending on the strain, i would guess.

Watering is going to depend on your soil - and humidity. Marijuana likes the soil to be damp, not wet, and it also enjoys some time to dry out between waterings. The roots need oxygen, and so if you over water, or over saturate the ground you can suffocate the roots. The plants do get a bit droopy when they are under-watered (but also over watered), so you could water according to the signs received from the plants

3. Outdoors you're going to want to keep your night time temperatures above 45 degrees F, so don't start growing until the night temperatures average around 50 degrees F for a week.

Most outdoor grows start sometime in mid-April to late May and extends into September or October depending on your strain and your starting time and your latitude (which determines day length).

You can't really control the weather, but the best places to grow in are "Mediterranean" climates. These are coastal areas where the temperature is stabilized by the ocean and rainfall is abundant in the spring and sparse through the summer time.

4. THIS GUY IS LEGIT. It takes atleast 6 months from seed to grow outdoors correctly. The TEMP depends on the strain.... but I dont know of to many strains that do ok at night at 50 degrees.

The reason it takes ATLEAST this long outdoors is because of the light cycle.... in spring their is more hours of light during the day. The MJ plant only starts budding when the amount of light per day is dramatically reduced, (thus late summer in normal climates.) It all depends on your normal climate.

ALSO, remember, your pot will be seedy if you continue to grow around other males. Pull your males as soon as they show.

If you decide to grow outdoors... dig a hole 2ft x 2ft x 2ft PER PLANT and fill with good potting soil. It will be expensive up front, but if you expect your MJ to live and harvest well, they'll need this and much more later on