How to...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockstar99, Nov 24, 2011.

1. 1. How do i make my buds dense and not fluffy when it comes time for me to flower (which is in 1 week)

2. How do i get the buds to be full of crystals i have heard about putting regular hanging lights next to the plant but im not sure what bulb to get or how that works if someone can explain that would be great

3. I am going to post a picture of a plant full of nodes if someone can let me know if these nodes look healthy and if they look like they are going to yield i would appreciate it.

4. What PH should i be giving the plants ( i have been giving them a low 6 )

5. I have (6) 1000 watt with the room temp at 75 average and 70 percent humidity with 36 plants in a 12 x 11 room ... what would be the average yield in a room like that with NO co2 at the current moment i plan on putting that in when i begin to flower.

6. When i fill my resevoir (50 gallon) how long should i leave the lid open for the chlorine to evaporate

7. Has anyone heard or used of nutri plus nutrients?

2. [quote name='"rockstar99"']1. How do i make my buds dense and not fluffy when it comes time for me to flower (which is in 1 week)

Getting your buds dense is all in the environment you grow them in and also lighting but you defiantly have the light in check lol. But also remember if your wanting dense buds then stay away from sativas and go with indica Dom. Plants they will produce nice soils nugs and once again it all depends on strain some strains no matter what u do your never gonna get dense buds so do your research on strains before u grow them.

2. How do i get the buds to be full of crystals i have heard about putting regular hanging lights next to the plant but im not sure what bulb to get or how that works if someone can explain that would be great

3. I am going to post a picture of a plant full of nodes if someone can let me know if these nodes look healthy and if they look like they are going to yield i would appreciate it.

4. What PH should i be giving the plants ( i have been giving them a low 6 )

If your in hydro u want 5.8 to 6.3 and if in soil I like 6.5 to no more than 7.0

5. I have (6) 1000 watt with the room temp at 75 average and 70 percent humidity with 36 plants in a 12 x 11 room ... what would be the average yield in a room like that with NO co2 at the current moment i plan on putting that in when i begin to flower.

Holy shit (6) 1000's in a 12x11 room man 4 of them is plenty your waisting your money. I have a 12x10 room and run (3) 600's and (2) 400's and it's perfect.

6. When i fill my resevoir (50 gallon) how long should i leave the lid open for the chlorine to evaporate

7. Has anyone heard or used of nutri plus nutrients?[/quote]

Getting your buds dense is all in the environment you grow them in and also lighting but you defiantly have the light in check lol. But also remember if your wanting dense buds then stay away from sativas and go with indica Dom. Plants they will produce nice soils nugs and once again it all depends on strain some strains no matter what u do your never gonna get dense buds so do your research on strains before u grow them.

Ok crystal production has alot to do with the strain some strains r just crazy frosty and some not and grown in same room sooo do some research and see what kind of reviews the strain has. There are a few nutrients out there that claim to help with resin production like Humdbolt snow storm and what I use is Advanced Nutrients bud factor x which I really like but defintly not to cheap on the wallet.

If your in hydro u want 5.8 to 6.3 and if in soil I like 6.5 to no more than 7.0

Holy shit (6) 1000's in a 12x11 room man 4 of them is plenty your waisting your money. I have a 12x10 room and run (3) 600's and (2) 400's and it's perfect.

So hopefully this helps I answered what I could I am a soilless man so hydro is over my head lol....
    Anymore questions ask away
    Good luck

3. I doubt someone with 6 1000w's gives a shit about what's "not too cheap on the wallet." Also, he's doing it fine. 1000w covers a 4x4 area (at MOST 5x5) so if he's got a 12x11 room 6 1000 watters is perfect.

I've also been wondering the exact same thing about bud density and resin production. Luckily I'm veggin some NL so hopefully I'll be good on the density but idk about resin production. I've heard of different things you can do to "stress" resin production like putting in UV rays but idk if any of em are true. Getting a nute for resin production seems like it'd be the best thing tho.

4. here is some pictures at week 8 of veg.. what do you guys think

Attached Files:

5. i have done LST on some of them i have a lot of bushy plants that look like the first picture. You guys think i will have a good yield. Also the strain is purple berry kush and hindu kush.. what do you guys think of the strains

6. hey btw humbolt makes this stuff called gravity thats a flower hardener, ive seen it do some good work on tightening buds up so maybe look into it

7. For the lid being off for the chlorine to evaporate I think that shouldn't be an issue since with hydro a reverse osmosis water system is recommended

8. Plants r looking good rockstar!! Keep doin what your doin and u will b fine. As for yield your gonna do pretty good lookin like u should see around 4 oz's per plant from what I see in the pics but that's all gonna depend on how u treat them in flower. Veg is super easy u can veg a plant almost anywhere and get results but when it comes to flower it's a whole different story.

9. thanks scott... how much water do you guys think i should be giving them in a 5 gallon bucket right now im giving them over a liter of water but i realized that i was giving them way to much ... i have heard 1 liter per 5 gallon bucket is enough... what do you guys think ? Also this is not a hydro set up this is a soil set up.

10. [quote name='"rockstar99"']thanks scott... how much water do you guys think i should be giving them in a 5 gallon bucket right now im giving them over a liter of water but i realized that i was giving them way to much ... i have heard 1 liter per 5 gallon bucket is enough... what do you guys think ? Also this is not a hydro set up this is a soil set up.[/quote]

Wow, way too little. I use 3 gallons of water per 5 gallon hydrofarm dirt bag. My first gallon is just ph adjusted water. Underwatering can cause a lot if problems. Anything from rotten roots, to ph problems, to the most common (and a pain to fix, takes about a week to get it healthy again) a salt build up. Caused from not flushing out build up of excess junk, like nutes etc.....
    But i wouldn't use less than 2 gallons, certainly not 1.5.

11. i have happy frog soil right now... your saying to give them 3 gallons of water per 5 gallon bucket?????? doesnt that seem like a lot man? there in week 8 of vegetation

12. do you think thats why my plants have been wilting a lot... like the one i just uploaded. when i give them 8 cups which is about 2 liters.. sometimes i give them 4 cups which is about 1 liter they come back alive but then after a day or 2 they wilt again like real bad... would it be because im not giving them the proper water. what do you mean the first gallon is just ph adjusted water.. dont you adjust the ph for any water that touches the soil???

13. I like a full gallon to gallon n a half of runoff. But once you start using nutes, and your doing a soil grow, you'll want at least a half gallon of run off. Keep your soil fresh and clean, and you'll keep your babies happy. But do what you feel is right for you.

14. [quote name='"rockstar99"']do you think thats why my plants have been wilting a lot... like the one i just uploaded. when i give them 8 cups which is about 2 liters.. sometimes i give them 4 cups which is about 1 liter they come back alive but then after a day or 2 they wilt again like real bad... would it be because im not giving them the proper water. what do you mean the first gallon is just ph adjusted water.. dont you adjust the ph for any water that touches the soil???[/quote]

I use the first gallon to really flush out the excess junk. Sometimes if I'm not using any nute on a feed, ill only use about 2 gallons just to remove the salt build up. What happens is you get a salt build up which will prevent your babies from ingesting the nutes properly, and actually cause your plant to have a nute deficiency.
    But yes under water can cause tons of problems.

15. ok so what would you do to get them back on the right water track... because i have been under watering for a few weeks now... i watered them 4 cups each bucket today so tomorrow what should i do to fix this problem ... and when u say nutes u mean food for the plants right

16. [quote name='"rockstar99"']ok so what would you do to get them back on the right water track... because i have been under watering for a few weeks now... i watered them 4 cups each bucket today so tomorrow what should i do to fix this problem ... and when u say nutes u mean food for the plants right[/quote]

I would go ahead and do it today. You don't want to overwater. Your still in veg so they probably aren't drinking too much. I would just give each 2 gallons now. And let them alone for at least 3-4 days.

17. wont the water run down from the bottom ... so should i give them each 1 gallon and then walk back around and give another gallon and let them be for 3 to 4 days

18. also wont 2 gallons be over watering them ? by looking at the pictures i uploaded you think they can handle 2 gallons of water... idk why im hesitant on giving them that amount haha... i feel like thats so much water per 5 gallon bucket but again this is my first time so idk whats a lot and whats not.

19. [quote name='"rockstar99"']also wont 2 gallons be over watering them ? by looking at the pictures i uploaded you think they can handle 2 gallons of water... idk why im hesitant on giving them that amount haha... i feel like thats so much water per 5 gallon bucket but again this is my first time so idk whats a lot and whats not.[/quote]
    You can trust me I promise. I actually have a thread on here somewhere about watering methods. Just search the words "watering methods" under thread search. I've been doing this a long time, I just only stop by the forums once every 2 months or so.

20. Wow. Watering a plant is not that difficult. Water the pot until you get runoff every time you water. Not 1 cup not 2 cups. Until you get water coming out the bottom of the pot simple. Yes. Nutes means food for the plant. Nutes is short for nutrients