how to yeild 500 ounces per year

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by poundsandkeys, Aug 29, 2006.

1. I am looking to yeild 500 ounces per year. I was thinking 2 1000hps's on 8' light rails with a clone room with a single 400 watt hps. 150 clons per grow. how many mother plants will be needed at what size? does this sound feasable. im thinkin an ounce a plant.

2. Do a few grows before going all out, you can't imagine the frustration you will face when things go wrong on that many plants and you don't know what to do. There is no plant to yeild ratio, spend thoes first few grows learning the strain you plan to grow and what techniques you prefer to use.

3. I plan on doing that but could I get some direct answers to the question.

4. most seeds ya buy give you an average yield. Surely you can do the math!

5. learn to grow first, then you will be able to answer the question yourself.
    Start with this: if you can achieve 1/2 to 1 gram of bud per watt, which is very respectable for a very experienced indoor grower, 28 grams per Z, which comes out to 14000 grams. You might not have enough light. How many grows per year? figuring harvesting every 3 months starting with clones (do you have a day job? this a very labor intense thing you are planning).... and considering if everything goes well with 2 out of 3 grows (spider mites, nute problems, root lock, mold, the cops, nosey neighbors, friend gets busted and rolls on you, cats eats the mother you are taking clones from, some loud mouth girlfriend gets pissed at you and tells everyone she knows about the grow, etc, etc, etc)
    more power to ya dude.
    peace
    good luck

6. if you somehow manage this, thats gonna be one hell of a grow thread

7. yeah what he said.

8. I already posted this on your other thread but heres my idea get a 600 watt Hps for your flowering room and about three or four 105 watt cfls from www.1000bulbs.com/category.php?category=2086 for your cloning/mother chamber next get two Emily's garden systems www.discount-hydro.com/systems.asp one for your flowering and vegging/clones so heres my idea you can take it and run with it take 12 cutting from your mother 6 to go to your flowering chamber for immediate flowering and 6 for your veg chamber to veg for two months so bassically every two months you will have a harvest of 6 large plants :hello: weighing in about a rough estimate of 2-3 oz per plant so lets do the math 2x6=12x6=60 so 60 Oz a year if you do this pretty nice starter system once you get the hang of this you will be the pablo escobar of GC :D