How to wire LCD temp readout in PC grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ebp123, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Anyone know how to wire a LCD Temp readout display into a pc grow box (it came with the case)?The LCD readout has a molex connector on it...how could i power it through those wires?

2. #2 blazedforlif3, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2008
    plan on using the pc power supply, like for fans? or just an empty case?

3. i dont have the space to fit an entire powersupply in the pc case since that room is needed for the plants. I did figure out that the LCD temperature display only requires the red wire (5v) coming out of where the molex connector once was. Now my next question is how can i wire the LCD display to a 5 volt battery source? Appreciate your help THANKS

4. how many amps or watts does the reader pull?

5. Dont know...

6. Without that information, you can't safely "ghetto rig" computer parts. It can be done with the proper knowledge, but some of that knowledge is what kind of input you need.

7. Yeah im not what you call a safe person....but....what i did do last night was take a 12v dc adapter and spliced off the ends and connected both my 12v fans and my LCD display to it, and it worked like a sharm...looks real sharpish now that i dont have to use seperate adapters for the fan and LCD display...!!